*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

I've recently bought the Autobrite short trigger gun to use with my Karcher K7 which came with the snowfoam connector but as you can see my old AutoBrite snowfoam lance has the karcher connector on it.
Is there anyway to remove the karcher connector so i can use the supplied connector to be able to use it with the Autobrite short gun (or do i need to buy the snow foam lance again)?

PXL-20230606-122221783.jpg

If this is an impossible task then can someone please recommend any better foam lance's which may be worth considering along with a new AutoBrite one (as its never in stock now anyway).

Last edited:
I would have thought you would be able to remove that karcher adapter and fit a quick relase, I've done it on other foam canons, my AD canon has the QD alreadyso that karcher adapter should just unscrew but it may well be very tight.

After washing the car to get the sap off it I decided today to polish it.
I have come to the conclusion this isn't a job for the over 75's

It is now as smooth as a babes ass and has glossed up nicely -It's not bad for a 13 yr old Focus but I have found two small rust patches - boot lid glass and O/S wheel arch. It might see me out yet.:)

I've recently bought the Autobrite short trigger gun to use with my Karcher K7 which came with the snowfoam connector but as you can see my old AutoBrite snowfoam lance has the karcher connector on it.
Is there anyway to remove the karcher connector so i can use the supplied connector to be able to use it with the Autobrite short gun (or do i need to buy the snow foam lance again)?

If this is an impossible task then can someone please recommend any better foam lance's which may be worth considering along with a new AutoBrite one (as its never in stock now anyway).

As with the other poster, should be able to remove the adapter somehow.

If it did come to replacing it, personally I've found the AutoFinesse snowfoam lance to be far better than my old Autobrite one

New car has been delivered and there is a lot of black trim! What’s the best restorer/protector for black trim at the moment?

I've seen some good reviews of Turtle Wax's graphene trim restorer/protector

I would expect you can just screw that adaptor off and replace with the new one. That what you can do with most/all others.

Does the steel tube not unscrew at the left end into the brass connector , underneath the autobite label ?
looks like maybe an additional locknut maybe required as the thread on the new connector is long, or, maybe, you have to cut thread down

Does the steel tube not unscrew at the left end into the brass connector , underneath the autobite label ?
looks like maybe an additional locknut maybe required as the thread on the new connector is long, or, maybe, you have to cut thread down
Nah the steel tube doesn't come off.

I've given up, will just buy a new foam lance

I bought what appears to be a third shift mjjc foam canon the actual top part all appears to be the same as the mjjc Pro apart from the metal foam generator which is the solid type. I replaced that with a genuine mjjc part and it produces the exact same foam now as a mjjc for half the price.

It's not impossible but you need to get a vice grip on the stainless steel bar bit to get it off.

I did check there also. It's Coming from a company in China which I wouldn't trust...

Business Name: ShenzhenWeiErShiXunKeJiYouXianGongSi
Business Type: Privately-owned business
Trade Register Number: 9144030007039464X7
VAT Number: GB308606901
Business Address:
Room 701 6 Building 11 Lane East Shuikou Garden
Baoan 31 District
Shenzhen
Guangdong
CN

Last edited:
Back