*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

Funny, I just watched that earlier. And had a couple of comments.

So when he is talking about the weed sprayer versus snow foam lance. I mean, he is rinsing it down with a pressure washer, which is arguably the biggest hassle when cleaning your car. So since that's already out, the act of changing out the rinse nozzle for a snow foam lance is pretty unobtrusive, especially with the quick connect he has on his trigger gun, same as mine. Certainly easier than continually pumping up a weed sprayer. As for filling up the snow foam bottle versus weed sprayer bottle, well, again, that is basically nothing. Sure the sprayer will last longer between refills. But then he is taking the sprayer over to his tap / hose to fill it etc. and then carry it around his car. So maybe only filling it enough for a few washes at a time. Compared to 2 washer per snow foam bottle fill. Like I said, basically nothing.

So I think he over-egged it a bit saying the weed sprayer is significantly easier / quicker. Maybe in that your not tripping up over the pressure washer cable applying the snow foam. Then again, you are carrying that bigger bottle around the car instead. But for every other aspect, I would say the snow foam lance is a touch easier / quicker.

Last edited:
I agree with xs2man, its not a hassle swapping a QR snowfoam lance. What I did take away from that vid was the water filter. I often wondered why something like these weren't available, and no idea how long they have been. Now I know they are I think its gotta be a next purchase. Living in a hard water area, and having a black car, it should be a godsend.
I have been using rainwater from a water butt, better than tap water but even that was leaving watermarks.

I’ve tried loads of these fancy things which you hear about.

I’ve had multiple cars ceramic coated, treated etc etc

Truth is, there is no quick way to do a car clean. There’s no hack for hard work.

Nothing beats hard work and good products.

Bilt hamber touch less + 2 bucket contact wash with shampoo of choice

It helps if your car is coated to some capacity, but it doesn’t eliminate the need to contact wash it if you want a clean car.

Oh and pump sprayers use less product, but they definitely dry on the panel more quickly. They’re unusable in the summer really speaking from experience. By the time you get round the car the product has already dried.

Had my first go with Bilt Hamber products at the weekend. The car has been neglected for 3 weeks or so. And I can't remember the last time I waxed her. Even after washing the paint felt rough so I thought I'd try out some new things.

Cleanser-Polish.jpg

Hydra-Wax.jpg

Before pics:

Car-Dirt-1.jpg

Car-Dirt-2.jpg

After pics:

Car-Clean-1.jpg

Car-Clean-2.jpg

Car-Clean-3.jpg

Car-Clean-4.jpg

The end result is amazing. The gloss and shine are so good. The sparkle in the paint really pops now in the sun. But the feel as well, the bodywork is like glass now - I need to stop stroking my car. lol. And the ease of application, straight on and off and no dusting. Had to rush near the end as the sun came out but overall, really impressed. :)

One thing, does anyone know how long the hydra wax lasts? I have some collinite insulator speed wax which I could always use over the top I guess.

Last edited:
Had my first go with Bilt Hamber products at the weekend. The car has been neglected for 3 weeks or so. And I can't remember the last time I waxed her. Even after washing the paint felt rough so I thought I'd try out some new things.

Cleanser-Polish.jpg

Hydra-Wax.jpg

Before pics:

Car-Dirt-1.jpg

Car-Dirt-2.jpg

After pics:

Car-Clean-1.jpg

Car-Clean-2.jpg

Car-Clean-3.jpg

Car-Clean-4.jpg

The end result is amazing. The gloss and shine are so good. The sparkle in the paint really pops now in the sun. But the feel as well, the bodywork is like glass now - I need to stop stroking my car. lol. And the ease of application, straight on and off and no dusting. Had to rush near the end as the sun came out but overall, really impressed. :)

One thing, does anyone know how long the hydra wax lasts? I have some collinite insulator speed wax which I could always use over the top I guess.

Hydra wax and cleanser polish only last a wash or two in my experience.

The killer combo is cleanser polish for swirl filling and double speed wax to add some longevity to the finish.

Hydra wax and cleanser polish only last a wash or two in my experience.

The killer combo is cleanser polish for swirl filling and double speed wax to add some longevity to the finish.
Cheers. Is the cleanser polish something I need to do repeatedly or just as and when?

No don't layer waxes, it makes it worse
What does it make worse? Thanks

Liquid waxes are generally quite weak in my experience.

A few weeks ago I put the Turtle Wax Graphene To The Max liquid wax on my car, and went over it with the Flex Wax Graphene spray. Looked good, but it had about disappeared after 3 weeks.

Paste waxes are generally much better. BH Double Speed Wax as mentioned above has been good, and goes well over BH Cleanser Polish.

I've just put Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid on my car as I found a pot I'd never even used - seems impressive so far. Easy on and off, even on a black car.

Cheers. Is the cleanser polish something I need to do repeatedly or just as and when?

Cleanser polish is a resin-based filler.

It has near-0 abrasive capability and is an additive product. It works by filling in the swirl marks with something which dries clear, but not hard. It will wash away. An excellent short term product for the easy “wow” factor. I used it in my above photos.

By comparison, a typical polish removes material from the clear coat to reduce the visibility of scratches permanently.

I'm sure I've heard it before, adding layers isn't a good idea, maybe it's not wax

Ignore me for now

I think you’re right in that it is advisable to not layer waxes and products. Their active ingredients can interfere with one another and reduce the effectiveness.

I’d only ever layer ceramic sealants on top of ceramics, or sealants/waxes on top of glazes (resin fillers such as cleanser polish)

You can layer waxes to an extent, but it's not hugely beneficial and you want to ensure they are the same type of wax or it can just make a mess.

Back
Top Bottom