*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

8am today, no sun, it rinsed off ok and looked well once I dried it, just wasn't sure of the appearance when the polar seal went on. Really like using the snow foam lance though!

Did you pressure wash it off?

I’ve had a milky effect using a similar product in the following situations:

Concentration too high
Applied in sun
Didn’t rinse quickly enough

It is always worth rinsing your foam lance in between using different products.

Coming up for 4 years old. And so the Gtechniq Ceramic coating is almost as old.

Today I gave it a snowfoam with some BH Touchless, then a noodle mitt in a bucket of Autowash. Then a blast with some quick detailer, a recipe recommended by Pan The Organiser a few months ago with two Car Pro products (Reload and Ech2O) and it seems to have come out great.

IMG-7812.jpg

To be fair, it doesn't usually need the QD either. Just fancied giving it a try.

That is one clean Ford.
The Ford is also clean.

I decided not to put a ceramic coating on that one though, as I have ceramic on my Caravelle (which is pictured here) and my A8 (where I used Gyeon MOHS instead of the Gtechniq this time). I wanted to keep something I could still have some fun with trying out different things, ha ha.

I had just polished the Ford the other week with Mezerna 3800, but it didn't really need it. I then topped that with Gyeon Q2 Wax. Will probably bang some of that QD on it on it's next wash. But I may sell that later in the year. Had that almost 6 years now, so maybe time for a change / another challenge.

Can anyone recomend me a Car Polisher? Few scratches on driver side door and bumper.

Watched few Youtube vids on how to use compound/polisher. What could possibly go wrong? :cry:

Don't want to be breaking the bank. Probably use it few times a year at most?

Back
Top Bottom