*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

Thanks, do you have a particular pad you recommend for:

Compound
Polish
Wax

I've only really looked at the meguiars ones from when I was looking at their DA.

I've been through a few different pads, and I get on really well with the HDO pads from Lake Country.

They're a bit more resistant to heat build up, which is great in the warmer months, and they don't clog up with compound as quickly in my experience.

If you're going for a single stage cut and finish (which is what I'd recommend), you'll want the HDO Blue.

For finishing and waxing, go for the HDO Black. It's a lovely soft pad and the foam is nice and dense. It warms up lovely once primed.

I also love the Scholl Concept Spyder pads. Blue for 1 step and heavy cut compounds, and orange for finishing. I do find the LC pads a little more robust though.

For 1 step compounds, go for Scholl S20 Black or Sonax Perfect Finish 4/6

I've only used the S20 Black but the Sonax is supposed to be better still. What I like about the Scholl is that it's quite wet, so seems to deal well with heat and doesn't go chalky as quick, allowing you to work the polish a little longer for deeper scratches.

You'll get a really good finish with the 1 step compounds and a 900w+ random orbital polisher. Make sure to go 5/5.5 inch pads for best compatibility with cars. Any larger and you'll struggle with edges and creases on bodywork. Smaller pads are handy for bumpers and pillars.

Back
Top Bottom