*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

ayelRod.jpg

50% off

Last edited:
What would be a fair price for a detailing company to wash, decontaminate, wax and ceramic coat a medium size SUV. I was quoted £500 for the first part and £295 for the ceramic coat. Guy at the garage said ceramic coating is oversold it’s not as great as everyone tries to make you believe. PV coat the front end is the way to go, add that in I’d have been looking at £1,200

Car would be in the garage for four days

For the record it’s a 2 year old car done 11,000 miles paintwork looks okay
Not too sure

But I go by www.detailR.com

Any recommendation on some decent alloy wheel brushes? Had cheap purchases and they just go out of shape or breakdown so with the winter want something that is quick and effective to tidy up wheels once applied BH Sufex HD and Auto Foam.

i have this one:

This is likely a daft question, but is there a difference between TFR and snow foam?

Which is generally considered to be most effective at loosening and removing surface dirt/grime?

It's very confusing isn't it

Both are prewash

Snow foam is generally milder, and as its name suggests, designed for a snow foam cannon / lance

Cheers, going by the replies here on TFR, I'll stick with snowfoam. Currently using AG Polar Blast but have a tub of the Halfords Advanced stuff to try next as it was on offer last time I was in store so I grabbed a pack of it.

Interested to try as you suggest, adding some citrus pre-wash or APC - any in particular you would suggest/recommend? I usually wash my car using a three stage method - AG Polar Blast, AG Polar Wash then finally AG Polar Seal. Then dry off using microfibre towels. But that all takes time and at this time of year when the car gets dirty much quicker (also depending on the weather) it would be nice to be able to just rinse off with water, apply some sort of 'solution' to the car, leave for a few minutes then rinse off, getting the worst of the crap off and saving time rather than go through the full 3 stage treatment that I would usually do.

Quite demoralising doing the full three stage thing, drying the car off then popping to the shops for a 5 minute drive and by the time you get home the damn car is filthy again, due to the crud on the roads!!!

Last edited:
My Leon was washed as part of a main dealer service and came back with a weird permanent water drop pattern on the roof bars and a patch of paint that no longer felt glossy. I wonder if that was due to the work experience boy being let loose with the TFR?!

If it had been my own car I'd have been fuming.

id like to get something strong too, but not THAT strong!

would Forst X be like that ?

i tried a slightly different way to clean the car today (and used different products)

worked ok, car was FILTHY

Bodywork

Surfex HD diluted 1:10 for the lower half of the car in a spray bottle

Rinsed off with my battery powered sprayer as i don't have access to a hose etc

Rinseless Wash with Infinity Wax waterless wash , diluted 256:1 with my Ultra Black sponge

Dried with drying towel

Turtle Wax "Flex Wax Graphene spray" a panel at a time with a cheap microfiber cloth

Wheels

Tried brushes (barrel and lug nut types) ended up using microfiber cloth, as i found it easier

Turtle Wax "Waterless Wash and Wax" on wheels and tyres

job done

forgot pics, but before i started , i thought "that's cool" here's the roof :

vSdpCBQ.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom