*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

currently thinking about getting one of these :

i don't have a polisher though, but i think id use it looks like the best one out there really

anyone else got something like this ?

as i go out to my car i take so much stuff with me if I'm doing interior and exterior, and the pressure washer so i think it would be handy to carry all rather than in and out of the house all the time

providing you coil the karcher hozes in large circles without kinking I've not had any problems 10+years;
if they are being coiled tightly in some reel, that will reduced lifespan, like garden hozes - which I usually store in large figure of 8 non-kink

foam spray bottles - neither marolex 2000, nor IK foam pro2+, seem ideal,
marolex has lots of bad reviews about reliability, but can be used for non-foam too, IK has better reviews but only does foam.

I've got a maralax foamer 3000 and the carbon collective battery powered one (that does foam and non foam)

just stopping for lunch, so ill quickly write this here

4 hours today, exterior only

Snow Foamed using my cordless pressure washer for the first time, eats water for breakfast :eek:

washed
rinsed
still dirty
washed and rinsed again
dry
apply wax

cleaned wheels using BH wheel cleaner
rinsed
cleaned wheels and applied wax
cleaned tyres and applied tyre dressing

cleaned all glass inside and out

clayed front and rear glass and re cleaned

added wax to glass

cleaned all door shuts thoroughly and in-between the glass areas

cleaned all plastic trim

added trim protectant

Last edited:
just stopping for lunch, so ill quickly write this here

4 hours today, exterior only

Snow Foamed using my cordless pressure washer for the first time, eats water for breakfast :eek:

washed
rinsed
still dirty
washed and rinsed again
dry
apply wax

cleaned wheels using BH wheel cleaner
rinsed
cleaned wheels and applied wax
cleaned tyres and applied tyre dressing

cleaned all glass inside and out

clayed front and rear glass and re cleaned

added wax to glass

cleaned all door shuts thoroughly and in-between the glass areas

cleaned all plastic trim

added trim protectant

products used :

Greenworks Cordless pressure washer with Amazon Foam cannon
BH Auto Foam

Foam didn't stick to paint for long! (ratio's maybe wrong)

Autoglm Shampoo & Conditioner (cant wait to replace this with BH)
Turtle Wax "Flex Wax"

APC (using up my Demon Shine)

Rag Company Liquidator Drying Towel (This is AMAZING) small but holds TONS of water
Autoglm Fast Glass
Clay BLOK and Clay Lube from Chemical Guys
Autoglym Tyre Dressing
Maguires Ultimate Black restorer

might get pics tomorrow :)

Last edited:
As promised
Pics after a raining night

Lh4m4QM.jpg

s9HXT7E.jpg

6SLWqwX.jpg

2NRVlgw.jpg

aXrrUKq.jpg

Inbo04f.jpg

7Kt5n94.jpg

Ivgb21t.jpg

7QjgLTT.jpg

i should update, that after i cleaned and protected my car with Turtle wax flex wax spray, next day i had to go though lots of flooded roads

i used that flex wax on the windscreen, didn't seem to do very much but then i hit 60 MPH and i could turn the wipers off, the rain just zoomed off the windscreen in milliseconds ! really good !

when i got home and got out the car, i glanced at the car and it looked really clean still !!
job well done ! :cool:

So, finally got a day to give my M340i a good going over and use the Koch Chemie Protector Wax. I'm impressed, seems to leave a deeper shine, beads and sheets off just as good too. Will see how it lasts, longevity wise compared to the AG Polar Seal.

Also - used the 'dry the car with water' method for the first time - MIND BLOWN!!! :D And I know, should have taken photos prior to drying, to show the beading - DOH!!

LFHQFhs.jpg

dXX78e6.jpg

SI6eAec.jpg

w29QGxY.jpg

So I decided to give it a go, just to see what happened. Unfortunately it did result in the screen having a 'film' of residue left on it which was visible first thing in the morning with a heavy dew on it and also at night when the wiper blades swept over the screen. Had to use Glaco glass compound cleaner to get rid of it. So lesson learned, will keep it away from the windscreen next time.

looks lovely

what glass sealant did you use ?

Very interesting video

i know what im buying next :)

the comments are interesting from each company

First off nice demo and glad that you watched ours.Definition of ENCAPSULATE1 : to show or express the main idea or quality of (something) in a brief way* a phrase that perfectly encapsulates [=sums up] my feelings about the day* The first song encapsulates [=captures] the mood of the whole album.2 : to completely cover (something) especially so that it will not touch anything else* The contaminated material should be encapsulated and removed.So yes we feel that this demo (and ours) shows that the dirt particles are "Encapsulated" and yes separated due to that. If the dirt wasn't encapsulated the water would remain dirty. Also this video visually "Encapsulates" the science that we are showing in this demo. So both meanings of the word "encapsulate" are showed in these videos.To answer the comments about what is happening here. When you wet the surface with ONR, the solution (due to the polymers used in the formula) will lift and encapsulate the dirt particles which protects the surface while you clean. The dirt is trapped in the wash media and then released into the bucket where it is pulled to the bottom so it is not reintroduced onto the surface. Where as if you were to wash with another rinseless wash that is NOT encapsulating the dirt - the dirt will not be pulled to bottom of bucket and you will be washing with dirty water and have the potential to reintroduce the dirt onto the surface. Which will increase your chances of marring the surface.As for the comments about others leaving the surface slicker - it that happens something is left behind to create that. A clean surface is just that... clean. IF you want that then we suggest using ONR Wash and Wax. That will produce a slicker surface that ONR.

@diydetailofficial

5 days ago
Thanks for including DIY Detail Rinseless Wash in your experiment. All 3 are good products and clean well, but the technologies are very different. What’s shown here is more attachment than encapsulation. A pure polymer rinseless attaches itself to the dirt, making it heavier than the water and sinking it down. With a surfactant based product, the dirt is emulsified, with any larger particles sinking to the bottom. With the DIY Detail Rinseless Wash we use both polymers and surfactants to accomplish our goal of cleaning the surface of the vehicle in the safest way possible. When polymers and surfactants are mixed, the surfactants win. To make this an accurate test( as opposed to a cool looking demonstration) first they should be diluted per instructions ( 256/1). Next is evaluating not how the water looks, but how clean the wash media is when leaving the wash bucket. In our R&D ( it was a 3 year process) how we evaluated our Rinseless was on how it cleaned the surface, not on how it separated in the bucket ( add oil to your glasses and it will also cause a similar effect). If you can find a sufficiently dirty white work truck, pre-spray the products on the surface, and evaluate how they lift the dirt off the surface. Next go over the same sized area with identical wash media. Return the wash media to the wash bucket. Remove the wash media from the bucket and observe how clean it is.Our goal was to have the cleanest surface, and also have the wash media returning to that surface be as clean as possible. With that said, they all work, but differently.

Last edited:
I am tempted to go down the Rinseless route and see what the fuss is about.

i do it, its good product

summer defiantly rinseless wash, so easy and quick

I used Surfex HD once on my car, but although good, its not a "cleaner" its a "degreaser" and I'm seeing a lot of "don't use degreasers as cleaners" as overtime it will damage paint and plastic

Ivan is a legend, he invented the Rinsless wash and he latest creation is with DIY Detail, so i will be getting their Rinseless wash next

Last edited:
You can clay bar a windscreen? You learn something new on here everyday. I have never used a clay bar before so is it easy enough to do and is there a product I should use after to "seal" the windscreen?

This stuff? Do you follow that up with their own coating or do you use something else? That Glaco compound seems well thought of from reading around several sites.

Thank you to both of you for replying.

Yep that's the stuff

I should try my soft99 compound too

My clay blok from chemical guys says to use it on your windscreen first and then you can do the bodywork

I clayed it last week and sealed it with just normal turtle wax stuff

Last edited:
Turtle wax are doing the BOGOF again on the hybrid solutions pack

Last edited:
Don't shoot, but the 32 or 36 pack available from Costco is actually solid. Not a deep pile, but theyre a good blend, soft, and wash well. Had no issues with the edges either. I use them on interior and for grotty exterior stuff (arches, wheels, engine bay etc). Would probably use them on the paint too tbh.

i don't do costco
not local at all to me

what sort of price are they ? could you drop a web link if there online ?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom