Carbide Air 540 Build

It's a good looking build, nice to know I'm not the only one who just piles all the cables round the back of the case too :D

I do that too. Unfortunately the 540 makes it easy to be lazy as there's no issues getting the side panel on if you don't do at least a bit of tidying.
To be fair I think most people that don't post pictures of that side of the motherboard tray probably don't do a great job to cable management/tidying on that side either. Some people do a really good job though and post pictures, they're the ones that make me feel lazy :)

Andybtsn I have justed noticed that you are using the fan headers on your motherboard, I would also look into getting some SATA to PWM adapters then some fan speed reducers to get them cables out of the way and off the motherboard so they are out of sight mate ;)

Cheers mate, I need a fan controller really. I will look into what you suggested, do OCUK sell them?

Retro, yeah the Hue is all sorted, kind of go ta blue themse going ono because the Lightings stand out, a bit annoying with the Orange because Orange and black look awesome.

When I move into the new house and the PC is on the desk I'll look at what options I have. It's annoying pulling the PC out and then taking off the side panel to change the colours all the time. It will be good at christmas anyway when I can have flashing red lights :D

You may need 2 mate so that you can control all of your fans :( at least they are cheap :)

Also loving the colour scheme its exactly as planned .... just the white will make the orange pop I think.

I have a Bitfenix Recon, but couldn't fit it.So I went with this external touch screen from NZXT. This fan controller works so well I was even surprised.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=bb-000-nx&groupid=701&catid=2331&subcat=189

glad your hue is sorted.

those orange fans are a little funky

edit: also i'm changing my 3 fans to corsair af140 quiet series fans. i want the colour rings in blue. their a lot a lot quieter then the stock fans. 120mm fans just don't pump enough air in the case like 140mm do.

Last edited:
That looks nice mate. When funds allow may invest. Spent so much just want to enjoy the PC now. Haha. Only got two of the 120hz monitors setup so far, got to wait until we move house to get the third (desk size)

What's the spec of your machine?

That looks nice mate. When funds allow may invest. Spent so much just want to enjoy the PC now. Haha. Only got two of the 120hz monitors setup so far, got to wait until we move house to get the third (desk size)

What's the spec of your machine?

Look in sig mate:)

1 monitor is fine for me atm. Agree I've spent enough myself. My wife is like...What>>>???? You building a spaceship in here? lol :D I also play PC games through my 50" TV too. When the mouse is needed I play on monitor, when shooting the crap out of demons I play on my TV:)

Link to my game room
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17527914&page=410

Back
Top Bottom