Cat/pet insurance

Soldato
4k surely is not enough, our cat this weekend was poorly took him in as an emergency and to just sit the immediate emergency was £1500, then it would be extra to see what the cause was, potentially come back more often with the chance he could be in pain. Had to put him down sadly.

I don't think I could have another, was a house cat so a high bond with us.

Soldato
It’s already been said here and before and I’ll always say it…. Petplan

no bother claiming and no huge rises if you claim

I think with have 9k on each of our cats it’s just about enough.

we had 15k bill on one car over 2 years

3k on the other.

Associate
Petplan seems to always be the go to company.

But if you ever make a claim keep on top of them, they can drag their feet a lot if not chased.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

we were with them but every year they increase premiums for no real reason
No reason? They are a year older and in the t&c's for thier for life cover they state premiums will increase each year.

Soldato
No reason? They are a year older and in the t&c's for thier for life cover they state premiums will increase each year.
they were very significant increases. as usual with insurance a new quote in comparison is a tonne cheaper.

in fact a new quote with them now for our 2 dogs and 2 cats is £60/month cheaper than our current premium.

Soldato
We’re with Tesco too and have claimed at least three times (our cat gets into fights with the cat next door). They’ve been absolutely great every time. Quick payouts and very pleasant to deal with. I’d highly recommend them.

same with my two ragdoll X Tonks, have had to claim 3 times and each time has been quick and easy

Soldato
Really? I have never had to do anything at all. The vets put the claim in and it’s usually paid direct to them within the month. No vet chasing me, no mr chasing petplan.

Just used up £7k from petplan, they paid the vet direct within a few days each time they claimed. Generally the bigger vet referral centres where you are more likely to run up a large bill will have a team who deal with the insurance. My bill was over £9k so I had a little to pay myself but when I took out the insurance over 9 years ago £7k seemed like a lot of cover, now... not so much.

Soldato
Just used up £7k from petplan, they paid the vet direct within a few days each time they claimed. Generally the bigger vet referral centres where you are more likely to run up a large bill will have a team who deal with the insurance. My bill was over £9k so I had a little to pay myself but when I took out the insurance over 9 years ago £7k seemed like a lot of cover, now... not so much.

I get this £7k seems a lot then you get a 3k bill for a hair ball stuck

they do ask if there were any previous health issues on the quote, didnt get as far as disclosing all the details tbf just a checkbox at that point.

yeah just be careful on anything not included. Cover for life with petplan will continue to cover any issues you have had as long as you renew

Back
Top Bottom