Census 2021

Soldato
is it actually a realistic possibility to be fined for not doing it?
I did not respond to the 2011 consensus, likely due to forgetfulness or indifference but had a wonderful chap with a clipboard knock on my door with smiles and inquiries as to why with threats of penalties for non-completion. If I'm honest, it rather put my back up; a replacement form was sent and I paid little attention or care when completing it.

The Domesday Book was an interesting idea. Nowadays, my meat is none of your or anyone else's business. Let me grind in peace.

Associate
Like the people that won't have vaccinations against Covid because they think the Government are putting a tracking chip in their bloodstream, yet will carry a mobile phone around at all times...

This is probably the thing that makes me the most angry and subject to so many feelings of despair at the stupidity of the argument, people think Bill Gates or the Government is using Covid-19 as an opportunity to track them and infringe on their freedoms yet they carry a mobile device that IS not only sending their personal data to an unfathomable number of third parties but can track them to within a few meters. They literally have no idea what they are up against from a determined security professional let alone a nation state or third party company who has unfettered access to their device and is ingesting this data.

Man of Honour
This is probably the thing that makes me the most angry and subject to so many feelings of despair at the stupidity of the argument, people think Bill Gates or the Government is using Covid-19 as an opportunity to track them and infringe on their freedoms yet they carry a mobile device that IS not only sending their personal data to an unfathomable number of third parties but can track them to within a few meters. They literally have no idea what they are up against from a determined security professional let alone a nation state or third party company who has unfettered access to their device and is ingesting this data.

Obviously there is the possibility of being tracked via a number of mechanisms beyond the normal phone functionality, not taking into account potential backdoor functionality, but personally I limit the personal data my phone is exposed to, keep application permissions to bare essentials, don't enable location or bluetooth, etc. functionality except when actually using it, etc. etc.

Associate
Obviously there is the possibility of being tracked via a number of mechanisms beyond the normal phone functionality, not taking into account potential backdoor functionality, but personally I limit the personal data my phone is exposed to, keep application permissions to bare essentials, don't enable location or bluetooth, etc. functionality except when actually using it, etc. etc.

Of course this is the correct approach, however the mainstream user base for smart phones doesn't do this. They install any app without a single consideration to any of what you mention. The majority of users have no idea about restricting permissions on apps they blindly accept all. Even those of us that do try to limit this exposure the fact we use services provided by Google, Facebook et al still renders us susceptible to data harvesting on an unprecedented level in human history. I hold my hand up and say that I still use many services such as this as well like most people, there is no easy solution. But unless you are off grid or using burner phones and going to the absolute extreme in managing your digital identity then a vaccination really is the least of your worries if you are worried about people tracking your movements. That's what the flat earth type / conspiracy people just cannot comprehend.

Soldato
Surely you'll get a paper version as well, otherwise my father won't be doing it.
Only if you specifically ask for one, they're not sending paper copies out automatically.

It would be a monumental waste of paper given the vast majority of people would fill it in online anyway.

Soldato
Only if you specifically ask for one, they're not sending paper copies out automatically.

It would be a monumental waste of paper given the vast majority of people would fill it in online anyway.
That's not going to happen with my dad guess he'll be getting a visit.
Like they care about wasting paper.

Soldato
If you're not religious, don't put Jedi or any other made up religion (yes all religion is made up) on it as a joke, it still counts towards being classed as religious and as such, decisions for things in the future are made based partly off the back of that data.

Soldato
When it comes through my door I will just put "return to sender"
Just remember that all government services, local and national are funded on the number of households, the number of people of pre school, school, working and retirement ages. For the next ten years predictions on these numbers and their growth rates provide school building, house building and job provision, new roads, rail, waste and sewers provision.

Your fault mate for being paranoid. :p

Back
Top Bottom