get it back on friday

Soldato
OP
mine goes in on wednesday fro crystal serum on body and full wheels off sealant

didnt bother with interior...its not like I am scruffy or eat food in there

and I reckon I can do the glass myself with something

I was more interested in getting the body done properly

get it back on friday

Dropping mine off in 4hours, get mine back on Friday too!

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Ive often wondered how well the sealants would stand up to high miles. My current regime is a 6 monthly top up of a hard carnuba wax like collinite, in between the car is washed once a month and dried with sonax BSD. This combo has worked really well for the 3 years ive owned the car.

Sealants arent a myth, but i think a well prepped car thats washed correctly, it will look as good as a car done with sealant. That said, if I had a special car, and had a garage, i'd go for a sealant.

Soldato
I have two cars that my wash regime has to look after, one the two year and two month old A4 above and mk8 fiesta that's over year old. Both of them get the same wash treatment but only the a4 has had the ceramic treatment. Both get the additional treatments though, from a aqua wax through to either bouncers done&dusted or a Gyeon wetcoat.
The A4 paintwork is still looking better than it did from the factory but the fiesta's paintwork is begining show some signs of ageing despite my efforts, although everyone tells me it looks fantasic I can see the little blemishes and marks from the factory finish and the dealerships pdi.

Soldato
OP
Not sure if I will be getting my car back today - the snow is quite heavy and now compacted into ice near where my detailer is. 380HP, Front Engined and Rear Wheel Drive do not like this weather with no Winters.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
just picked it up...will post some pics when not at work

difference is amazing to be honest, its mirror like and its so silky and smooth to touch

there was chemical ethching on the bumpers where whatever they had used to to remove the travel film hadnt been washed off properly, and because it was a showroom car they had already washed it and put light swirls on it

dont get me wrong it still looked shiny when I drove it away, but when you look a lot closer its looks a bit poor...but then they simply dont have the time to lavish days on a single car.

got myself a few bits and pieces for cleaning the car while I was finishing up with him.

and of course drove home int eh snow and slush......but at least it will be an easier clean !!

will just have to remember to have a sign not to wash it when it goes for its first service next year

Soldato
Looking forward to some pictures. Yes a new car comes with many paint inperfections, some from the factory but quite a number are created by the dealerships preparation. My Audi dealership knows me now and it is second nature not to valet my car. Just about programmed it into Ford now for our second car...

Soldato
Thing is any car with a good polish and wax will look that shiny. But after a while it's still going to get micro scratches and swirls matter what coating you put on it.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
you see so many badly machine polished cars around at the moment..I think getting it done properly as part of the prep for a coating is what makes a big difference

47034377031_1ae45cb078_b.jpg

46310349114_a53ef547a1_b.jpg

47034377001_7c849dfde3_b.jpg

Sgarrista
Commissario
you see so many badly machine polished cars around at the moment..I think getting it done properly as part of the prep for a coating is what makes a big difference

Thats because you do a google search for detailers in your area and youll probably find 2 dozen that have sprung up in the last 2-3 years who have done a 1 day course and think they are suitably qualified to go to work on your mates rover 75 or an aventador like they are the same car.

Soldato

47034377031_1ae45cb078_b.jpg

46310349114_a53ef547a1_b.jpg

47034377001_7c849dfde3_b.jpg
Agreed, so much so I am seriously thinking about purchasing a DA polisher and doing my partners car myself...

Soldato
Picking up my car this week, and have it booked in next week to get the exterior coated(Gtechniq Crystal Serum) Been quoted £800, which seems like the going rate judging by the replies in this thread. :)

I have very limited time to wash my car, so anything to help make it easier to clean and keep clean will be great.

Edit. Looking at some of the pictures in this thread, excellent results !

Back
Top Bottom