Ceramic Coating - fiction or fact?

Soldato
My detailer always uses gtechniq ceramic, however he said he once used seramik(sp?) and thought it was brilliant, so much so that he's offered to do mine for free if I agree to write a review after a few months.

Just need to pay for the usual stage2 stuff, but said he would do the ceramic foc....worth a go I think

Soldato
Did mine myself last month, the beading is superb and cleaning is far easier. This was only cheap $60 stuff so may not last as long as others.

Tempted to do the windshield but not sure if it'll leave it hazey.

Associate
anyone come across or used Coating Farm Ceramic Aqua Coat Pro? My detailer is offering to do that for me for 300 all inclusive (new car so he will just clean and prep the paint). Claims it is professional grade and will last 2-3 years without top ups. Crucially, it supposedly cures in 2 hours which is the reason he is recommending it as I don't have a garage and he would come to my home and do it on the street.

I think it's this stuff:

https://www.coatingfarm.com/products/exterior-products/aqua-coat-pro/

Sgarrista
Commissario
I don't have a garage and he would come to my home and do it on the street.

No

No

No

No.

These coatings HAVE to be done inside. If any dust or particles get blown onto your car its there for good once this stuff cures. The only way to remove ceramic coatings once they dry is via sanding.

Associate

I thought so too but have a look at this:
https://youtu.be/wHrAnwOOw-A?t=268

I think it's the USP of this particular coating. Dries in 2hours and is air sealed the moment it is supposedly applied so apparently no possibility of air contaminants getting into or under the coating even outside.

Truth is, I don't have any other option as I can't (or wouldn't want to tbh) leave my car in a detailer's workshop for several days so either has to be something which is quick drying or I have to forego ceramic

Associate
Its likely a product then with very low levels of Si02 in then if it can flash off that quickly. Probably no better than a wax or Si02 topup spray.

right probably too good to be true then. Shame, thought I'd solved my ceramic dilemma!

Permabanned
Never really interested me it’s way too overpriced. Got me a tub of Collinite 476s for £15-20 6 years ago and doubt if I’ve used a quarter of a tub.

Car is permanently clean and has been since I brought it.

Permabanned
How often do you wash it and what colour is it?
It’s silver. I used to wash it weekly with out fail but I don’t drive it as much anymore so it much less frequently.

Don’t get me wrong a good ceramic coating done properly will be better than Collinite, but bang for buck it’s not even close. I try to do 2 major sessions a year, pre winter and post winter, everything else is just a maintenance wash and maybe a quick top up of wax or sonax bsd.

Back
Top Bottom