Poll: Champions League Final - Barcelona vs Manchester United - 27th May 2009 *SPOILERS*

Who will you be supporting on Wednesday

• Barcelona

Votes: 87 36.4%
  • That other team

Votes: 152 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona 2 - 4 Man Utd

Iniesta -3rd Minute (Dribble into the box and deft lob over VDS)
Henry -10th Minute (Header from corner)

Vidic -32nd Minute (Header from corner)
Rooney -52nd Minute (Shot from outside the box after a lay off from Park)
Ronaldo -56th Minute (Free kick central)
Ronaldo -91st Minute (Classic Utd counter attack)

Barcelona 2 - 4 Man Utd

If we win 4-3 I will be in utter shock.

Wooo! :D

Beat Barca in the final 4:3

Messi 9mins (0:1)
Carrick 60mins (1:1)
Eto'o 70mins (1:2)
Rooney 74mins (2:2)
Eto'o 79mins (2:3)
Carrick 90mins (3:3)
Miguel Veloso 90+3mins (4:3)

All of the goals bar Rooney's header and Carrick's first were absolute screamers. Messi belted one from the corner of the box into the opposite corner. Eto'o hit a 30 yarder and his second was a route one ball to him and he beat my entire defence.

Carrick scored from 25 yards and I brough on Veloso just incase I got a free kick, switched him to my kick taker instead of Ronaldo and Miguel Veloso banged a 25+ yarder home :D :D :D

Awesome stuff :D

That's from the FM2009 thread, my season was identical to Uniteds apart from beating Zenit and I dropped out of the FA Cup earlier than that semi's. I finished on 91 points and we finished on 90.

Obviously we don't have Miguel Veloso... but if it goes anything like that... :eek: :D :cool:

I'm thinking and hoping Man United will win 2-0. With Barca being awful at defending set pieces and having some makeshift defenders, I'm thinking United will sneak ahead with Vidic scoring from a setpiece. Then as Barca push for equaliser, United catch them with a classic counter.

If I was to bet on bet365 with Vidic scoring first, odds are 175/1. With Rio scoring 270/1.

What kind of bets are you boys on for tonight?

I have been watching the build up and how come so many Irish people support Man united, everybody they interview in Rome is Irish :S

If you seen the state of Irish football since time began you'd support an English club too. There is massive following for Liverpool and Man Utd here, stems back to all the Irish connections both cities have with Ireland along with footballers over the years.

your couldnt support a local club here if you tried. Why people pay to watch it is beyond me. Should also point out before i am tagged a glory hunter or a plastic fan i have supported utd for the last 34 years.

Last edited:
Man United supporters seem so confident of a win tonight, hopefully you're all in for a big shock :p

Aye I noticed the same, but I think Man Utd are a lot better as a whole too, as an Arsenal fan I've been forced to notice that in football at this level, defence is as important as attack and unfortunately defence is where Barca will struggle hugely and Man Utd should be comfortable. I think it's a given that Man Utd are a stronger, better, all around team, as much as I don't like to admit it :(

Wonder what the odds are on Anderson scoring the winner in open play?

All the topic today around the office is about the final and whether its harder to win CL or EC, all united fans and quite a few others are saying CL and funnily enough all Liverpool fans are saying EC :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom