Poll: Champions League Final - Barcelona vs Manchester United - 27th May 2009 *SPOILERS*

Who will you be supporting on Wednesday

• Barcelona

Votes: 87 36.4%
  • That other team

Votes: 152 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I'm just astounded at how we lose one game (all be it a damn important one) and all of a sudden most of the team are utter ****.

I expect it from some on here but not most :/

Aye, so many have been gracious in defeat but you can spot the arm chair fans a mile off in this thread.

Soldato
Man U getting ripped apart by overrated foreigners is funnier to be fair.

Over-rated foreigners who are Champions of Europe and the back bone makes up the current Uefa champions Spain. I know the concept of continental football (Unless you count Swansea and Cardiff in next season away days) is a bit Alien to you.

Or should that be your joke of a club being relegated with over rated foreigners ?

Hmm something to ponder

Soldato
I don't think it's a question of stopping Xavi and Iniesta as no matter how tight you get to them, no matter how much pressure you put them under, if they are on their game then there is nothing you can do to stop them.

The only way to stop them is to not let them get the ball which means pressing higher up the pitch and putting the likes of Pique, Puyol and Toure under pressure. It's something you done for the first 10 minutes yesterday and it looked like only being 1 winner but after that it was just too easy for Puyol et al to carry it forward and lay it off to Xavi or Ineista and to make things worse your organisation in midfield and at the back made it even easier.

Even without putting them under pressure at the back they still made mistakes but too often there was just Ronaldo up top on his own and nothing he could do.

edit: Btw i've been told that Xavi and Ineista got their inspiration from this:

As I said. Stop the ball getting to Xavi & Iniesta and Barca are far less effective. I knew you would come round to my way of thinking ;)

Our performance last night only served to help Barca. The performance last night was very similar to when Milan knocked us out a few years ago

Soldato
Yikes that was a long trip home! :o

Brilliant atmosphere, great barca crowd...put us to shame! :eek:

For what its worth, here are me pictures....:(

Please note the camera angle often looks skewiff, and some random crowd shots....can anyone guess why? ;)

Flickr Set

Caporegime
I'm just astounded at how we lose one game (all be it a damn important one) and all of a sudden most of the team are utter ****.
I don't know about that, but what I do know is that in the most important game of the season most of the Manchester United players couldn't really bothered, or so it seemed. Yes they were outclassed in pretty much every department, but in what I saw of the match they just didn't look interested. How you can turn up to a champions league final and play like that I don't know.

Don
As I said. Stop the ball getting to Xavi & Iniesta and Barca are far less effective. I knew you would come round to my way of thinking ;)

Our performance last night only served to help Barca. The performance last night was very similar to when Milan knocked us out a few years ago

Oh yea, missed that part of the post :o

Soldato
Oh please

No seriously.

All season long all you belt on about is plastic mancs this, plastic mancs that, armchair fans the other. I'm sure your that bitter that on Saturday's Cup final you will try and throw a few plastic mancs in for Everton v Chelsea.

I can take stick off Liverpool fan's because lets face it we ripped 'em a new one a few years back when they lost in their last final. Let's also give them some credit for actually having a European pedigree. Arsenal fan's and Chelsea fans to a lesser extent but who knows in 50 or so years time they may have some history that they have got through playing nice pretty triangles or either bought respectively.

But from a Wigan fan who is only likely to see European Football through pre season friendlies or relegation (See post to Visionary !!!!)it's pretty rich to sit here calling Utd fans arm chair supporters when they have lost the Champions League final

Permabanned
No seriously.

All season long all you belt on about is plastic mancs this, plastic mancs that, armchair fans the other. I'm sure your that bitter that on Saturday's Cup final you will try and throw a few plastic mancs in for Everton v Chelsea.

I can take stick off Liverpool fan's because lets face it we ripped 'em a new one a few years back when they lost in their last final. Let's also give them some credit for actually having a European pedigree. Arsenal fan's and Chelsea fans to a lesser extent but who knows in 50 or so years time they may have some history that they have got through playing nice pretty triangles or either bought respectively.

But from a Wigan fan who is only likely to see European Football through pre season friendlies or relegation (See post to Visionary !!!!)it's pretty rich to sit here calling Utd fans arm chair supporters when they have lost the Champions League final

Read my post again, I didn't say everyone Man United was an arm chair supporter, just the ones banging on about what players need to go, someone said Carrick is only good against weak teams, wtf.

I dont care about European football and I dont care about the Premiership, its ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom