Cheap energy drinks

Soldato
Pretty much all I drink is water now, wasn't any particular reason but I just decided to one day. Cheaper and feels great. That said, I tend to drink too much and pee a bit too much.

Pretty much all I have drank apart from 1 cup of coffee and 1 cup of tea a day. Cup of coffee first thing in morning and then I fill up my 2l bottle of water for work. Drink more when at the gym and I get home. Have a cup of tea in the evening. Water is just way more refreshing than anything else to drink and you won't be thirsty again 10 mins later, as shock horror it hydrates you properly ;)

Soldato
Exaggeration much? Energy drink is far nicer to have than a banana ( I like banana's too though so :p).

I feel just as crap if not worse from to much coffee as from energy drink, coffee is actually worse for me as it doesn't ''fill'' my stomach unless I chuck sugar in it, it makes me feel absolutely terrible if I haven't eaten to much, unlike energy drink which at least provides some calories to burn. Caffeine overall is far worse than alcohol imo though, If i have 2 cups of coffee ( or 2 cans of energy) in the morning, I'm off to the toilet for a pee every 30 mins for the next 4 hrs and feel uncomfortable. And by the time I'm home I'm a nearly kilo lighter from dehydration.

Not sure toll or serious? :confused:

So you are saying a natural product as in coffee and bananas ...

You know what, with you saying caffeine is worst than alcohol I will just get my coat and leave. :rolleyes:

Soldato
bananas have caffeine?

just lol

I love caffeine natural of course ! ;)

Give me a can of Red Bull and watch me swell? Flushed cheeks, feeling like head is inflated, hot sweats.
I go ill of the stuff and my inside feel like they will explode.

Same with MSG if I for a Chinese and it MSG`ed up, get flushed, bloated etc same as Red bull or any other energy drink.

I took speed when I was young once or twice and it made me, very very sick. Not sure if related.

Me and excitotoxins do not get on period. ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I love caffeine natural of course ! ;)

Give me a can of Red Bull and watch me swell? Flushed cheeks, feeling like head is inflated, hot sweats.
I go ill of the stuff and my inside feel like they will explode.

Same with MSG if I for a Chinese and it MSG`ed up, get flushed, bloated etc same as Red bull or any other energy drink.

I took speed when I was young once or twice and it made me, very very sick. Not sure if related.

Me and excitotoxins do not get on period. ;)

you realise the caffeine in redbull etc is ~"natural" too, its just more purely extracted rather than simply mixing beans in water and getting all the other stuff too.

basically you're a little bit mental and think caffeine affects you differently based on the other things in the water its dissolved in?

V F

V F

Soldato
Pretty much all I drink is water now, wasn't any particular reason but I just decided to one day.

It changed me about a year ago when I saw Sky News one morning having a game of guess how many cubes of sugar is in each small glass. Roughly nearly as big as a whisky glass.

Everything from Coca Cola to milk to orange and other sodas. Was shocked it was 7 cubes for Coca Cola. I knew they had a lot but not that amount. Let alone the rest which was less. After that I went cold turkey and all I ever drink is mineral water. Sometimes a bit of fresh orange a few times a month.

I used to sometimes have Lucozade Orange. The fizzy one. Always loved that. Haven't had it in many years.

Cupboard floor is always full of mineral water and some slight natural flavoured mineral water.

Caporegime
It changed me about a year ago when I saw Sky News one morning having a game of guess how many cubes of sugar is in each small glass. Roughly nearly as big as a whisky glass.

Everything from Coca Cola to milk to orange and other sodas. Was shocked it was 7 cubes for Coca Cola. I knew they had a lot but not that amount. Let alone the rest which was less. After that I went cold turkey and all I ever drink is mineral water. Sometimes a bit of fresh orange a few times a month.

I used to sometimes have Lucozade Orange. The fizzy one. Always loved that. Haven't had it in many years.

Cupboard floor is always full of mineral water and some slight natural flavoured mineral water.

why not just change to the sugar free ones?

<1 calorie.

V F

V F

Soldato
I do have but also have some of the Sparkling Water.

Ingredients:
Carbonated Spring Water, Lemon Juice From Concentrate (1%) (Water, Concentrated Lemon Juice), Lime Juice From Concentrate (1%) (Water, Concentrated Lime Juice), Flavouring, Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame K), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Citric Acid

Code:
Typical Values	100ml contains	250ml contains
Energy	5kJ (1kcal)	14kJ (3kcal)
Protein	0g	0g
Carbohydrate	0.1g	0.3g
Sugars	0.1g	0.3g
Fat	0.1g	0.3g
Saturates	<0.1g	<0.1g
Fibre	0g	0g
Salt	<0.01g	<0.01g

Soldato
Not sure toll or serious? :confused:

So you are saying a natural product as in coffee and bananas ...

You know what, with you saying caffeine is worst than alcohol I will just get my coat and leave. :rolleyes:

Like with all things, too much is not good.

I never said banana's are worse, I just say I love energy drink more, banana's are obviously better for you than a can of energy chemical crap. But, energy vs. coffee, I prefer energy drink, as it also slightly eliminates hunger ( as opposed to black coffeee no sugar, the only type of coffee I like).

What I meant with alcohol is I feel better after 2 glasses ( 1 pint of beer) of alcohol than 2 coffees, undoubtedly coffee/energy drink works better for most people, but somehow I seem to get all the negative effects without the positive effects, I sometimes do feel more energetic, but most of the time I feel more dreadful than before, and especially dehydration and toilet visits are worse with caffeine than alcohol for me. I used to ''experiment'' with caffeine at work, like have 4 coffee's through the day or one or two etc.
It did not make me work better or feel more awake, it just made me feel jumpy, anxious, and overly self concious if you know what I mean.

Also caffeine on an empty stomach is terrible, it just amplifies above effects, while alcohol on empty stomach makes me feel nice faster ( but worse the next day, it's like borrowing happiness from tomorrow haha :D).

Permabanned
Usually have to have one around 1000 at work, that lasts me till around 1500, then have another or then to last me till I finish at the gym. Only usually do that 3 days a week.

Caporegime
I hate them. Cannot drink them. Just palpitations galore after a couple of sips.

I think they should be banned tbh. They must be unhealthy to people who drink them all the time.

ban coffee then its got way more caffeine, and with all the milk and sugar people put in more fat and sugar too.

Soldato
I think they should be banned tbh. They must be unhealthy to people who drink them all the time.

So because you and OP don't like them everybody who does should have them banned ?

You think the same about tobacco ? Alcohol ? Marijuana ?

Just because you don't like it, **** everyone else who does ? Unhealthy is not ( or shouldn't be anyhow) your or the governments business, it's not your body... How does it affect you ?

//rant, everybody wants to ban/forbit everything these days. Let people do whatever they want when it doesn't affect you. :o

Caporegime
OK, banning is too strong, but I just think they cause more problems than they solve. For the record, I don't think alcohol should be banned either as moderate intake can actually be beneficial to health, but I do think tobacco should be wiped off the face of the earth. It serves no other purpose than population control.

I cannot stand it.

Back
Top Bottom