Cheap energy drinks

Associate
OP is clearly just sensitive to caffeine,

Dont normally drink many eneergy drinks during the week but do have a pre workout shake which consists of 550mg of caffeine a few times a week before gym...

if you have 1 can of red bull (80mg) and you feel it caffeine just aint for you.

Man of Honour
OP is clearly just sensitive to caffeine,

Dont normally drink many eneergy drinks during the week but do have a pre workout shake which consists of 550mg of caffeine a few times a week before gym...

if you have 1 can of red bull (80mg) and you feel it caffeine just aint for you.

If you have 80mg of caffeine and you don't notice anything then it's probably time for you to take a break from it, in the same vein if 550mg of caffeine doesn't leave you feeling a bit crap then again probably time for you to have a break.

Associate
The half life of caffeine in the blood is around 8 hours.

I believe caffeine is actually 5-6 hours. The usual peak time is 45 minutes after ingestion however I think this is on an empty stomach so 'feeling the effects' a few hours after is not unusual if you have eaten prior to drinking an energy drink.

I drink a lot myself and don't really feel it that much anymore, more of a gentle uplift than a 'kick'.

Caporegime
Not everyone is as weak as you, or the OP, but if you think you will outlive me, than you are kidding yourself.

That's what they all say until the moment their insulin response fails, have a heart attack or a stroke.

Cant be perceived to be healthy after that, now can you?

Associate
If you have 80mg of caffeine and you don't notice anything then it's probably time for you to take a break from it, in the same vein if 550mg of caffeine doesn't leave you feeling a bit crap then again probably time for you to have a break.

Should have worded better, if one can of redbull makes you feel bad then caffeine isnt a good idea.

but your right i most probably should cycle of the preworkout for a lil while :D

Soldato
The problem I have with them is that they stop me sleeping but I'm not exactly 'awake' either. Do like the taste of Red Bull, it has a certain refinement about it compared to the others.

V F

V F

Soldato
Try making a chocolate cake or similar - I double, triple checked the measurements - could not believe that amount of sugar went into it lol.

Cake. :/

I find chocolate/cake/biscuits and such very sickening nowadays. Let alone salty stuff. I rarely go near the stuff.

Soldato
I drink those 35p energy drinks found in newsagents and local convenience stores. Had a real Red Bull for the first time in years and I just didn't like it, much prefer these 35p clones.

On about 6 a day for the past 10 years.

Caporegime
I drink those 35p energy drinks found in newsagents and local convenience stores. Had a real Red Bull for the first time in years and I just didn't like it, much prefer these 35p clones.

On about 6 a day for the past 10 years.

You bumped this thread for that? :p

Caporegime
Energy drinks do absolutely nothing for me, whether it's the 35p LSV from the local shop or Redbull, even a couple do nothing at all.

They don't do anything g for me. The caffeine levels are actually really low, like half an espresso in a can

Suspended
The diet versions of these drinks are the absolute worst.

Fake sugar like aspartame is just bad news full stop.

No it's not it's safe for human consumption.

Exactly

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/aspartame-truth-vs-fiction/

Conclusion

Aspartame is a highly studied food additive with decades of research showing that it is safe for human consumption. As expected, the research is complex making it possible to cherry pick and misinterpret individual studies in order to fear monger. But the totality of research, reviewed by many independent agencies and expert panels, supports the safety of aspartame.

A conspiracy to hide the risks of aspartame, however, remains a popular internet urban legend that will likely not disappear anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom