cheap M3, whats the worst..

Soldato
OP
ive only "launched" it quickly off the line a few times ever. being NA its a doddle to juggle it just right but it wasnt intentional to touch the limiter.

been speaking to a couple e36 m3 drivers on the evo board and they get much higher average mpg than i do so MAF and lambdas are a MUST and they could result in more firepower :cool:

Man of Honour

Ahh man... I was down near hanningfield yesterday in fact my mechanic is just less than a few hundred yards up the road from those lights. Some awesome roads over that way. Looks like you had just enjoyed some watery lane fun!

Good job.

Soldato
OP
Of course I'd been to watery lane. Ill get that vid up too.

No harm getting a 328. From what I gather they drink the same

Soldato
I've just got an e36 evo vert for a weekend toy, takes some getting used to how hard you have to drive compared to the M5 , it seems to rev forever. The throttle is annoyingly hard going, it's slightly better after cleaning the link to the throttle mech but still seems heavy and not very responsive. The butterflys do seem stiff when opening them under the bonnet though are they likely to need lubing up?

Soldato
OP
Mine was overly stiff *sigh*

First it was due to someone previous misfiting the *boble* on the end of the cable. That was an easy fix but it went stiff again after I refited it incorrectly in a hurry. Now that its sorted its miles better to drive. Gf hated it, it was very hard to drive smoothly at all

Soldato
Replace the cable, don't know how much M tax you will have to pay on that but mine was about £25 and made the pedal feel normal again.

Soldato
The cable seems fine when the throttles are held open, much easier to operate, previous owner gave me a cable but not fitted it due to the the pedal feeling ok when not connected.

Associate
Mine is very hard aswell, I bought a cable from bm last week for £22 I lubed all the moving springs linkages etc on the throttle, and the new cable made it loads better but compaired to my other cars it's still stiff but I think that is going to be a normal s50 thing.

Soldato
OP
Ahh man... I was down near hanningfield yesterday in fact my mechanic is just less than a few hundred yards up the road from those lights. Some awesome roads over that way. Looks like you had just enjoyed some watery lane fun!

Good job.

Watery Lane, just for you.

Nothing exciting but I display Mystic Meg levels of insight with a cyclist @6m40s

Back
Top Bottom