Cheap vs Expensive Boxer Shorts

Associate
UA all the way for me.
Tried many brands and materials and I find their stretchy ones keep things cool and in place!
They are usually £10-12+. Not found any other brands as good or cheaper unfortunately.

Associate
Site said 30-32" waist needs a medium, and I'm a 32" waist, grrrr

I'm about 30-32 depending on make and a small is perfect.
yeah I used to be a 32" waist and now 30" waist and the small are really snug. I have a mix of mediums and small, but mostly small

so the next question....

socks
Bamboo socks with seamless toes work well and they're really comfortable. The last ones I purchased were Glenmuir

Man of Honour
yeah I used to be a 32" waist and now 30" waist and the small are really snug. I have a mix of mediums and small, but mostly small

34" waist here and the UA mediums fit me perfect - someone definitely in the 30-32" area might do better with the small - the large are too loose on me fit wise though I can wear them I find medium better for support.

Soldato
Quite a few years now I've been using Lonsdale boxers from SD. The socks I wear are from George, super cheap, super comfy and 7 to a pack. They are thin and 80% or more cotton. I love smoothness on my socks and don't like bulk.

Soldato
Ok so I thought I'd try a pair of the UA boxer jocks based on reviews here and elsewhere, wore them yesterday and didn't do anything strenuous or exerting and I was absolutely sweating my ******** off!!

They're a great fit, I like that, but they're way too hot and clammy with no breathability going on. I see from the label that they're 90% polyester and 10% elastane, I checked my other stuff and it's all 100% cotton. There's no way i/ could wear these for work in the week, so I'll look for something else.

Any suggestions for cool/breathable stuff but still has a firm grip, so to speak ;)

Soldato
Usually synthetic materials are better for sweating as they wick and dry a lot better than cotton. Cotton tends to stay wet and not dry out. This is why most base layers are poly not cotton. If I work out with cotton boxers on they get soaked with sweat, stay wet and start to chafe, which doesn't happen with synthetic fibres.

Soldato
Usually synthetic materials are better for sweating as they wick and dry a lot better than cotton. Cotton tends to stay wet and not dry out. This is why most base layers are poly not cotton. If I work out with cotton boxers on they get soaked with sweat, stay wet and start to chafe, which doesn't happen with synthetic fibres.

I can only go on how it feels, the UA boxers feel like a plastic nappy, cotton feels so much cooler.

Back
Top Bottom