China bans hip hop culture

Caporegime
Better sprinters I reckon. I think Usain Bolt is quicker than Peter Crouch for example.
For some reason I read that as better sphincters. I then wondered what the hell you knew about Usain Bolt and Peter Crouch that we don't :p

e: To be fair to myself, your comment was directly under "bigger willies", so it's not so far-fetched...

Associate
This thread started off being a vehicle for being offensive to the Chinese but now has diverted its attention to black people. When will the Indians get mentioned?

Permabanned
Yes, please.

Hip hop = "culture"? Seriously?

99% of hip hop clap trap is glorifying gang violence, murdering people, calling women "hos", and generally being a backwards savage.

If this is culture then so is being a Neo Nazi.

Lol spot the white middle class dork who literally knows nothing about hip hop culture other than what the mainstream feeds him. I’m embrassed for you on so many levels.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lol spot the white middle class dork who literally knows nothing about hip hop culture other than what the mainstream feeds him. I’m embrassed for you on so many levels.

All a person needs to do, to "know" about hip hop, is to go on youtube and listen to some hip hop music... He is not wrong.

I do not listen to music with lyrics, most of the time it simply goes to underline lacking intellects, i prefer classical, Hans Zimmer, audiomachine, two steps from hell, take away the lyrics from hip hop and you've got some great music.

Permabanned
All a person needs to do, to "know" about hip hop, is to go on youtube and listen to some hip hop music... He is not wrong.

I do not listen to music with lyrics, most of the time it simply goes to underline lacking intellects, i prefer classical, Hans Zimmer, audiomachine, two steps from hell, take away the lyrics from hip hop and you've got some great music.

Thinking you can define an entire genre with thousands of artists in countless sub genres around the world based on a quick search on YouTube or whatever the mainstream media is pushing is beyond laughable and ignorant in the extreme.

Imagine if i were to label all rock and its countless sub genres as garbage just because i saw a nickleback video or whatever dross is getting pumped on the radio nowadays.

Listen to this and then try and tell me the music is awful lyrically, this guy has a PHD and lectures at Oxford uni. You may not agree with everything he says but in terms of depth his lyrics are far beyond what you traditionally get in other genres and the skill involved in delivering it for 9 minutes straight is out of this world.

He's one example of many... the genre is huge and massively diverse just like rock, electronic music and so on.

Stop judging entire genres based on what the mainstream feeds you, if i did that id probably struggle to find a single artist in any genre i liked.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Did you just assume my gender ethnicity and income?

Lols. If China was just banning gangster rap you'd probably be saying the same thing. "Gangster rap is such a diverse genre of music; how can you possibly judge it purely by what you've seen on MTV?"

Meh, maybe they're throwing the baby out with the bath water, but seeing how awful the hip-hop I've personally experienced has been, I can't say I'm too upset.

Permabanned
Did you just assume my gender ethnicity and income?

Maybe :p

Lols. If China was just banning gangster rap you'd probably be saying the same thing. "Gangster rap is such a diverse genre of music; how can you possibly judge it purely by what you've seen on MTV?"

Why would i say that ? id say its stupid to ban it but gangster rap is what it is... having said that gangster rap was mostly a 90s thing, most of the stuff that gets labelled as 'gangster rap' nowadays isn't gangster at all.

Meh, maybe they're throwing the baby out with the bath water, but seeing how awful the hip-hop I've personally experienced has been, I can't say I'm too upset.

Not liking it is fine, there are lots of styles of music i dislike such as metal but i don't outright dismiss said genres as having no culture.

Soldato
Thinking you can define an entire genre with thousands of artists in countless sub genres around the world based on a quick search on YouTube or whatever the mainstream media is pushing is beyond laughable and ignorant in the extreme.

Imagine if i were to label all rock and its countless sub genres as garbage just because i saw a nickleback video or whatever dross is getting pumped on the radio nowadays.

Listen to this and then try and tell me the music is awful lyrically, this guy has a PHD and lectures at Oxford uni. You may not agree with everything he says but in terms of depth his lyrics are far beyond what you traditionally get in other genres and the skill involved in delivering it for 9 minutes straight is out of this world.

You are not wrong here, your last quote post was nonsense, this one is good.

His lyrics might make sense to you, to me they are nonsense, this occurs due to a difference between me and others at a fundamental level. Explaining this would probably take a long time. This is why i do not listen to lyrics, hip hop, rock, pop, whatever, red smarties, blue smarties, pink smarties..

Back
Top Bottom