Chinese cars

Soldato
on the other hand Mr Musk - perhaps didn't injure as many people as dieselgate but the nhtsa aren't happy

thought there was a weird parallel between revolut and the new tesla report findings
there's a point where you give people enough rope to hang themselves with,

According to the report by NHTSA, Tesla’s design is flawed and has “led to foreseeable misuse and avoidable crashes.”
Explaining the issues with the car, the report said it has a weak driver engagement system which clashes with the autopilot feature’s permissive operating capabilities, causing a critical safety gap.

Furthermore, the name “autopilot” is misleading for some drivers. It may lead them to think the feature has greater auto-driving capabilities than it actually does.

todays announcement QC may deteriorate laying off staff again, ...superchargers oos

Soldato
I am not going to say any individual event in that above video is false, but i must admit the whole tone of it worries me.
Yes if you go around in countries where the vast majority of cars are chinese i am sure you can find examples of chinese cars failing.

but then, the same could be said of other brands of cars as well. I not often but it has happened have seen plenty of petrol cars catch fire.
The door of my mates brand new saxo literally fell off, funnily enough the car on my grandads dewoo (SP?) also fell off.
a bolt in the steering rack of my 2nd fiat coupe sheared off and a remaining bolt which apparently would have meant my steering would have failed if it went was also well on the way.
ferrari not that long ago had a spate of car fires
and air bags are known to fail sometimes. (it was a running joke on the fiat coupe forums that celebrated the rare times in a big accident the bags DID deploy such was the failure rate of them).
Closer to home for me, apparently the ipace has a fault where it accelerates on its own and rams into walls/cars/people.............. And yet independent inspections failed to show a fault. is there a design flaw in the car? its possible but imo the human element is most likely the part at fault.

The almost "glee" that these kinds of videos/stories are presented with just stink to me of an ulterior motive, be it xenophobia or a fear of competing companies failing, or just to make clickbait..... i dunno.

but these days any video i see on social media, my initial reaction is prove it or its probably FUD.

So many cars are built in China now, cars which many on the street will assume are European or American, and often the chinese built ones are considered the superior car.
even if this isnt the case, many of the parts ultimately are chinese anyway.

sometimes tech fails, and it is really harrowing/terrifying when it does but i find it hard to believe that Chinese cars are inherently more dangerous than other cars.

Last edited:
Soldato
A lot of the reports say..

“Aito said data from the vehicle showed it was operating at a speed of 115 kph at the time of Friday's accident, adding that the airbag opened normally and readings from the battery pack were normal”

Edit

Last edited:
Don
Not Chinese but was in Hanoi recently and there were loads of cars from a Vietnamese company called Vinfast, some models looked quite smart though no idea if they are any good (suspect not)

Last edited:
Soldato
Not Chinese but was in Hanoi recently and there were loads of cars from a Vietnamese company called Vinfast, some models looked quite smart though no idea if they are any good (suspect not)
It has some major names "involved" in it - Siemens, BMW, Chevrolet. Could be something to watch.

Back
Top Bottom