Poll: Chinese Grand Prix 2019, Shanghai - Race 3/21

Rate the 2019 Chinese Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
the switch made no difference and costed us forth postion in the race that being said charles could have pitted earlier
But the switch did make a difference, it cost you 4th place.

Nice to see the Ferrari team boss posing with their chief strategist. ;)
:p

Yeah. I don't get it. I've never liked ferrari, and this just helps that. It's not even a good strategy. Looking like leclerc has the legs on vettel, yet for some reason they are favouring vettel? Makes no sense, everyone can see it
As debated a few weeks ago Vettel probably/possibly has a clause in his contract.

Man of Honour
So now that it is clear that the Merc loves front dependent tracks with lots of corners and bumpy surfaces, where do we expect them to perform well and where can Ferrari come back at them?

Baku has the epic straight, but again a lot of twists and turns.

Soldato
had no interest in f1 for at least 10 years,

saw the clip with Mercedes double pit stop, outstanding stuff,

was it just showboating by the team or was there a technical reason for doing both stops back to back?

Man of Honour
had no interest in f1 for at least 10 years,

saw the clip with Mercedes double pit stop, outstanding stuff,

was it just showboating by the team or was there a technical reason for doing both stops back to back?

Optimal strategy, optimal gap. To sort out the tyres and to have them all ready was impressive enough. It certainly solves the problem of who has pit stop priority.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

As debated a few weeks ago Vettel probably/possibly has a clause in his contract.
Ferrari have confirmed that they will favour Vettel in 50/50 situations. Hopefully they start seeing the error of their ways before they screw Charles too much.

Team principal Mattia Binotto made clear at the start of the season that Vettel would get priority in the early stages due to his experience and record as a four-time world champion. Leclerc put that approach in doubt with pole position in Bahrain, where he overtook Vettel after losing the lead and looked set to win before a reliability issue demoted him to third, but Binotto’s stance is unchanged for now.

“Certainly as a team we need to give the priority to the team and try to maximise the team’s points at the end of the race,” Binotto said. “As I said at the start of the season, if there is any 50-50 situation where we need to take a decision, the advantage would have been given to Sebastian simply because Sebastian has got most of the experience with the team in F1. He won four championships and certainly for us he’s the driver who has most probability to challenge for the title.

“Something we agreed with both drivers is, in a few races’ time, things may chance for whatever reason – bad luck or whatever could be the situation – we may change our position, no doubt. But on the track, they’re free to fight, on the track I think if there is one driver who is certainly faster, he will get the advantage.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...-50-50-situations.7sT81KyYPAexyTbMBy6ncp.html

Soldato
Ferrari have confirmed that they will favour Vettel in 50/50 situations. Hopefully they start seeing the error of their ways before they screw Charles too much.
They chose to be very public about this - i wonder if they're giving Vettel enough rope to potentially hang himself with, if required, due to his contract - regardless of their additional/reasonable caveat:

Ferrari caveat said:
“Something we agreed with both drivers is, in a few races’ time, things may chance for whatever reason – bad luck or whatever could be the situation – we may change our position, no doubt. But on the track, they’re free to fight, on the track I think if there is one driver who is certainly faster, he will get the advantage.

This open policy 'could' potentially pressure Vettel into conceding his 'number one status' if things go t*ts up. Perhaps, giving Ferrari the chance to switch loyalties faster than if they kept everything in-house with the public debating about driver priorities with a small measure of doubt?..

*So much image/politics governing the restricted things they do admit to :/ - although is great to watch if you have Netflix.

I just want them to race - Vettel finding form vs Charles raw talent would be a great secondary racing squabble and potentially give Ferrari more favourable media print in the process.

Caporegime
I'll laugh my head off if come the end of the season Leclerc misses out on the drivers title by a few points or Ferrari finish second in the constructors title losing by a whisker, they've already done themselves and to a much larger extent Leclerc out of points in their attempts to favour Vettel.

I read another good point yesterday that Ferrari could have gone for the fastest lap bonus point with LeClerc like Red Bull did with Gasly, the problem with that of course is he would be taking the point away from Vettel who held it at the time so again Ferrari's conspiring to aid Vettel in the end meant that Red Bull benefitted, on top of the fourth place (instead of fifth) that Ferrari should probably have had. It's like they're shooting themselves in the left foot to make the right foot look better when ultimately they're just hurting themselves.

Permabanned

Let's hope Vettel will get an amendment to his contract. A good idea is to drop the priority in his way, and to decrease his salary based on bad results.
And Ferrari can give more money in Charles' ways...

Back
Top Bottom