• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Christmas Deal No.3 - BFG 8800 GTX @ £359.99+VAT (£422.99 Inc. VAT)

Soldato
fornowagain said:
There not going to like mention of all those prices!!

thats what i thought at first, but mentioning of competitor names is not allowed. prices is different story, some people can be blagging it half the time like i do to my car insurance company i tell them i found a quote thats 5 quid cheaper than their quote and they then knock off 20 quid :p :D suckers :D :D

Soldato
Believe me, prices will get deleted as well. Best not to go there.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17636045

Gibbo said:
Hi there

In the rules on these forums this part is made very clear:-

OcUK are happy to provide the resources of these forums to responsible individuals without charge. They cost a substantial amount of money to maintain and use considerable amounts of bandwith which is paid for exclusively by OcUK. As you know OcUK are in the computer hardware business and therefore the promotion of OcUK's competitors is forbidden. Examples of promotion are :-
Posting links to competitors websites
Posting links to reviews that promote competitors
Quoting the names or contact details of competitors
Offering to provide the names or contact details of competitors
Hinting about product availability at competitors and their pricing
Using the forums to notify a member of intent or actual supply of names or contact details of competitors
Listing competitors names, URL's or e-mail addresses in signatures
Listing competitors names, URL's or e-mail addresses in profile
Posting links to or the mentioning of auction sites
Disguising attempts to do any of the above

Now recently there has been several long term members who know these rules clearly breaking them, those people know who they are and its not acceptable.

Let me make it clear that from this point onwards myself and other DON's are tired of constantly having to edit people's post and find it insulting when in its long term members who think they can push the rules and get away with it. Well no more !

If anybody breaks these rules from now on in this forum we will not be so nice. You will be instantly banned and not allowed back on these forums until banning DON is happy to let you back. Any attempt to re-register under a new name which is also against rules will see both accounts permantly banned.

This rule is not up for negotiation so if you don't like it then don't use these forums.

Last edited:
Soldato
fornowagain said:
Believe me, prices will get deleted as well. Best not to go there.

go where???

i seen someone get away with posting a link to another forum which has a link to another forum which links to another forum that links to a competitor.
i mean how the hell did he get away with that without being suspended or even warned :confused:

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
go where???

i seen someone get away with posting a link to another forum which has a link to another forum which links to another forum that links to a competitor.
i mean how the hell did he get away with that without being suspended or even warned :confused:
Maybe they didn't notice, who knows? But you're not exactly being subtle here are you? But hey, carry on, just trying to warn you is all.

OcUK Staff
OP
ViRuS2k said:
nope GTX, i should know i bought one lol

Hi there

OcUK's price on the BFG 8800 GTX is very good and should be the cheapest and if not certainly cheaper than most.

Also OcUK has stock to back this deal up and I know for a fact other Etailors do not. :)

As others have mentioned when spending such large volumes of money you really need a good support/warranty to back it up. My oppinion is BFG and EVGA are the best in the industry when it comes to looking after the customer and the lifetime/10yr warranty is a real bonus.

Asus warranty is nothing short of terrible, hence why OcUK don't sell their graphics apart from some very low-end ones.

Soldato
Cyber-Mav said:
whats the point of that than? this is about the bfg card? if i wanted a cheapo 8800gtx if buy the asus 8800gtx for £378 inc vat and delivery. but no lifetime warranty on that sucker and with the dodgey resistors going around you want nothing short of lifetime warranty.

well doh, there all made the same and the dodgy resister problem only happened on the first batches that got recalled some slipped though
and there is countless reports of the BFG with bad resistors slipping though the net aswell so dont go there.

lifetime warantee is all this card is good for
becuse all cards out there are built the same and are refrenced the same.

my card may not be lifetime waranteed but it does have 1 year and who in there right mind keeps a card for 1 year when the next 2-3 cards get released lol i sure as hell am not.... 1 year warantee is plently..

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Hi there

OcUK's price on the BFG 8800 GTX is very good and should be the cheapest and if not certainly cheaper than most.

Also OcUK has stock to back this deal up and I know for a fact other Etailors do not. :)

As others have mentioned when spending such large volumes of money you really need a good support/warranty to back it up. My oppinion is BFG and EVGA are the best in the industry when it comes to looking after the customer and the lifetime/10yr warranty is a real bonus.

Asus warranty is nothing short of terrible, hence why OcUK don't sell their graphics apart from some very low-end ones.

m8 the card i have isnt a asus card.... ;)
its a XpertVision Nvidia 8800GTX

OcUK Staff
OP
ViRuS2k said:
m8 the card i have isnt a asus card.... ;)
its a XpertVision Nvidia 8800GTX

HI there

So as pointed out then its not a BFG card. ;)

No lifetime warranty and no T-Shirt. :D

The BFG is a superb deal! :)

OcUK Staff
OP
ViRuS2k said:
well doh, there all made the same and the dodgy resister problem only happened on the first batches that got recalled some slipped though
and there is countless reports of the BFG with bad resistors slipping though the net aswell so dont go there.

lifetime warantee is all this card is good for
becuse all cards out there are built the same and are refrenced the same.

my card may not be lifetime waranteed but it does have 1 year and who in there right mind keeps a card for 1 year when the next 2-3 cards get released lol i sure as hell am not.... 1 year warantee is plently..

HI there

I must insist that regarding the bad resistor issue OcUK has had no BFG slip through. 3 days prior to launch all our stock was swapped out with stock that did not have the issue. Since then as we buy direct from BFG USA all our stock is the correct ones without the issue. So no chance in getting a dodgy one from ourselves. :)

Its not just the lifetime warranty but the fact the BFG guys also are top notch in supporting the customer should their be any issues.

We sell 1500-2000 cards per month for BFG dependent if its a busy or slow month and we get very very few complaints or customers requesting we do RMA/Support for them. So that proves two things that the BFG cards have an incredibly low failure rate or the BFG Support/RMA guys do a fantastic job of looking after our customers. :)

Soldato
Gibbo said:
HI there

I must insist that regarding the bad resistor issue OcUK has had no BFG slip through. 3 days prior to launch all our stock was swapped out with stock that did not have the issue. Since then as we buy direct from BFG USA all our stock is the correct ones without the issue. So no chance in getting a dodgy one from ourselves. :)

Its not just the lifetime warranty but the fact the BFG guys also are top notch in supporting the customer should their be any issues.

We sell 1500-2000 cards per month for BFG dependent if its a busy or slow month and we get very very few complaints or customers requesting we do RMA/Support for them. So that proves two things that the BFG cards have an incredibly low failure rate or the BFG Support/RMA guys do a fantastic job of looking after our customers. :)

yeah m8 like i said though most reports where before nvidia made the recall ect so the bfg cards that where already out there at the time from people that bought them ect so they had to send theres back

i dont beleave though now that any company gives out dodgy resister ones..
and if they do then i dont blame the companys of the cards i blame the etailers for supplying those without first returning them for restock...

what i am worryed about at the moment though with 8800GTX cards is people are reporting over the web about the bios`s that ship with the cards

some cards have new bios`s and some have old...

now the question is do the people with the old bios flash there bios to the new bios or erm lol nevermind heh im going off topic again lol

Soldato
i was in a dilemma about which brand GTX to get but ended up going the EVGA route, slightly more costly especially now with the BFG offer but they're the only manufacturer to honour the warranty when putting a water block onto the card.

with regard to warranty, support and resale value, i think the BFG and EVGA options are worth it, especially EVGA if you're going to remove the stock cooling.

Man of Honour
I've been putting BFG cards into systems recently - I tell my customers about the extra warranty. I would say this is certainly worth paying a few extra pennies for.

Soldato
BFG are well worth paying the extra for IMO.

Whenever I order an nVidia card, or a friend asks me to, I always try and get a BFG card. The extra "peace of mind" is well worth the little bit extra cost.

OcUK Staff
OP
HEADRAT said:
Sorry to hijack this thread (a free bump I guess), Gibbo I can't understand why the Gigabyte GV NX76G256HI-RH would be EOL, I think you may have been given some duff info :confused:

HEADRAT

HI m8

Did you not see the alternate card I posted? It seems identical, just a slightly different code.

Back
Top Bottom