• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Christmas Deal No.3 - BFG 8800 GTX @ £359.99+VAT (£422.99 Inc. VAT)

Soldato
Lol

My first 8800gtx is missing a pal and it being xmas,im going to treat him :D

Nah the main reason is this card is DX10 and has a true lifetime warranty so i dont need to worry about replacing them.

Caporegime
clone said:
Nah the main reason is this card is DX10 and has a true lifetime warranty so i dont need to worry about replacing them.

A lifetime warranty doesn't mean that they won't get outdated or need to be replaced.

That's why SLI is an awful purchase unless you're running something crazy like a Dell 32"... by time time you really need it in games it's been superceded by a more powerful card and you've then wasted a lot of money. The 8800GTX is so powerful that it makes SLI look even worse value than it was already.

Meh if you want it just for the sake of it then go ahead, it's your money. Though you could always buy me one instead. :D

Soldato
clone said:
I want BFG to sell these with 3XL shirts,blinking 14yr old daughter`s got mine,and all her friends love it.

Clone send me your address (email in trust) and I will send you the T-shirt I got with my card, considering it a Christmas present :) (it has never been worn it still in the plastic).

HEADRAT

Last edited:
Soldato
HEADRAT said:
Clone send me your address (email in trust) and I will send you the T-shirt I got with my card, considering it a Christmas present :) (it has never been worn it still in the plastic).

HEADRAT
Cheers m8 that`s very kind of you,i`ll mail you now. :)

Soldato
Hold up guys,

Have any of you looked into the whole "life time warranty" thing?

I could be wrong, but i thought life time warranty only covered the life cycle of the product??

Ie your covered until the day they cease to make that particular model,

so you buy your 8800gtx in mid 06, they stop production in mid 07 as their now making at 8900gtx for example. So your warranty is now over? :confused:

Associate
clone said:
Gibbo can you confirm this m8.

from their site:

BFG Technologies is proud to warrant the original purchaser of the graphics card included in this package ("Product") that the Product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the product, when given normal wear and proper usage. Purchaser must retain the original sales receipt as proof of purchase for any and all warranty claims! This warranty is valid if the product:

>> Was not damaged while being installed.

>> Was not damaged by software or hardware from a company or individual other than BFG Technologies or by motherboard incompatibility.

>> Was operated in accordance with BFG Technologies specifications, instructions and any technical support directions.

>> Was not modified or damaged by overclocking, tampering, user error, accident, disaster, abuse, misuse, power supply, power application, alteration, repair, modification, a fix or replacement by someone other than BFG Technologies.

>> Third party products, such as motherboards and other system components using this Product are not be covered by this warranty.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

If you buy an 8800 GTX now and in 15 years time it breaks and you are the original owner they will repair/replace it for you.
It really is a lifetime warranty for the original owner. :)

Associate
Gibbo, who has the best customer support, BFG or eVGA?

Need to order a card today and after having one duffer already, I am paranoid!

Secondly, can you buy this card over the counter at this price from your premises?

OcUK Staff
OP
normski_ said:
Gibbo, who has the best customer support, BFG or eVGA?

Need to order a card today and after having one duffer already, I am paranoid!

Secondly, can you buy this card over the counter at this price from your premises?

HI there

Cannot praise them both enough.

One of our customers had a signature series EVGA card which is their top product and boast 24hr swap out, though none of the 8800 cards are signature edition yet. But still the customer rang EVGA at 11pm, he had a new replacement the following morning, so very good service.

BFG however we sell approx 5x more than we do EVGA and we very rarely get customers ringing us for support, due to the fact product reliability is top notch and when customer do need help BFG again are very quick to provide assistance.

You are safe buying either brand and for myself I'd go with BFG as EVGA due tend to be a bit on the pricey side.

P.S. Counter prices are the same as website prices. :)

Back
Top Bottom