Christmas time

Soldato
The local Sainsburys has got their oct 31st carp out now, so it can't be long till the crackers hit the shelves! :rolleyes: Joys! Better get saving for all those pressies!

On a lighter note, it can only mean snow is round the corner and i soon get to go skiing again! yay! :D

Keo

Keo

Associate
Our lass was thinking about this christmas last christmas!

Must say im looking forward to it this year as we have moved into a new house :D

Permabanned
OP
Vixen said:
I can't believe people are even thinking about this yet. Until November, it's not close to Christmas and people shouldn't talk about it.

Why not? It is joyful time of the year. Something to look forward too.

Associate
Maybe those who don't really enjoy the Xmas festivities should volunteer to work on those days in a home of some sort. I have done this twice, working in old peoples' homes and found it to be very rewarding. It really brought home the true spirit of Xmas, with everyone working together to create an atmosphere for those who may not be with us for another year. Try it, you will make many people very happy and that is the whole point isn't it?

that a really good idea, when ths kids leave home i might do that, they wouldnt understand :(

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Just booked my holiday today for xmas.

Leave on 22nd December back home to see parents in Doncaster, go to the Magma centre at Sheffield, day out on the Santa Steam train at Haworth, few drinks with friends I haven't seen for nearly 3 years and then party on down in Edinburgh before a relaxing 3 day break on Skye.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Associate
I have to say that I am really chuffed that here in Vancouver there has been no mention of Christmas whatsoever up to now. Everybody is excited about Thanksgiving which is next Monday and then Halloween which is also a big thing here. There are loads of Halloween chocies and sweets to be had in the shops right now.

Soldato
iCraig said:
It's September. :rolleyes:
yeah but sensibly it really is time to start thinking about christmas.

i mean like it or not christmas is expensive. and in september (when you made that post) there would only be THREE paydays until christmas for most of us, so it would need to be considered into the budget. otherwise you just end up broke because of the presents and partying.

i for one am usually out every day (and for most of the day) for 2 weeks or so over the christmas period. costing around ~£50 per day minimum.

so for people like me, and i suspect there are plenty, it would be stupid not to start thinking about christmas with only three paycheques to go!

Associate
I am really looking forward to it this year, as my baby girl, Annabella, it will be her first and she will be 6 months old and I will feel the same age :)
( This is the same baby that I gave a running commentary too 4 months ago on this site about the heat, pregnant missus, oh my god contractions, into labour and result :D )

Back
Top Bottom