Cities Skylines 2 is Official!

Cheers guys.

Played it at release didn't think it was too bad just lacking the mods.

Been bideing my time, I'm still completely addicted to Minecraft, but I'll probably get back into this in another few months.

I'm still not ready yet....

But I think it's mainly down to weather now over the state of the game.

Give it about mid October or so I'll probably pick it up again.

My plan is to use all money/all unlocked, and completely terraform the map first, to make it basically flat, although still keep some elevation, make it all very gentle/gradual. I could possibly do some edge hills/mountains for visuals.

Add river system in, not wide ones like the game generated ones, but much narrower, maybe add some canals but also a bit more complex overall.

Then plan in my head a very rough layout of the city.

And then try (as much as possible) to put it all the major transport infrastructure first, main roads, rail etc.

I find playing naturally unless you are really focused on planning that stuff out, that stuff ends up being an after thought, or at least, you start ending up building your main transport infrastructure around your already built city and it never looks right.

Cities (in the UK anyway) were basically formed around junctions of main roads, or more like trade routes as they would have been, then tend to expand around that central point.

Then later train station etc

Once all of that it is, then start building.

I've not been following the progress of the game but does anyone know if there is a mod that lets you put the resource areas in manually,? Eg fertile land, oil etc?

Back
Top Bottom