Cities Skylines 2 is Official!

Soldato

I'm very hyped for this! I'll be interested to see if the stock game is better than a modded version of CS feature wise, I'm also hoping graphics will be much improved ! Can not wait!

Soldato
OP
That will be an improvement, I find unless you're manually placing every building, you're going to end up with mess districts or all very much the same districts because the amount of themese are limited.

Soldato
OP
If it helps, its yet another title which is going to be on gamepass. :)

This will be great at first, however I imagine very quickly I'll want to buy it, the Steam version is unrivaled due to the workshop, unless they do something to allow those who bought it through MS Store or have gamepass to use the workshop somehow this way around?

Soldato
OP
Smaller compared to the 81 tiles mod but with the much better asset scaling in Cities 2 it will "feel" bigger

Hmm if it feels bigger I assume technically it should be a larger area?, or if it's like the equivalent of humans over a certain KM vs ants over the same distance, and in CS2 humans are ants.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
People can't grasp on facebook cities skylines how having less of a overall map could be seen as a bit of a disappointment, ultimately if it feels bigger and is bigger great, if not, bit disappointing given how old CS1 and how tech has come along since then.

Soldato
OP
I think it's now time to uninstall Cities Skylines. Got BG3 & Starfield occupying time and a fresh city builder that doesn't require mods to make advanced road networks etc.. will be nice, that's not to say I don't expect to fill it with mod eventually.

Soldato
OP
Yay - finally come use for my 64GB!
I cannot see this, CS2 should almost certainly be better optimized at least memory wise! The only think that warranted extra ram on CS1 was the HUGE amount of assets you acquire via workshop, but hopefully they'll managed to get that memory usage down for lots of assets, also it depends on the quality of the assets too, think a lot of assets used too many polygons or something.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
I'm even more looking forward to the game now I know I've got game pass for £2.50 a month and I'm not getting a gimped version of Cities Skylines 2, it's gonna be awesoommmee, even if my 4080 can't really play it properly.

Soldato
OP
I've shelled out for the Ultimate edition. It'll likely feel a little lacking in functionality initially before the first major pieces of DLC are added but the quality of life improvements to the base game have sold it for me. I was never happy having to install loads and loads of mods just to do the basics. I always found constructing highways and on\off ramps and roundabouts a nightmare in CS1.
I hope DLC will still be like £8 as per CS1 but I feel it's going to be £20 a go.

Back
Top Bottom