Cities: Skylines

Soldato
Ahhggrrr, when I launch the game all my mods are gone but the workshop files are still there. Just copied the whole steam files over from one PC to another and installed Steam, everything as is but no mods in game??

Soldato
I'm having a bit of a problem- my commercial uses are complaining that there are not enough goods being delivered. I don't have much industrial land as everyone is too educated for it and they complain about not enough workers and they close down. I even made a new isolated town on the other side of my map with no school but educated people moved in so I still can't get much industry going.

Soldato
So one thing you can do to help is use the "schools out" policy on some of your residential area, make sure they got good transport links to your industry.

Also someone also mentioned intentionally having some unemployment, or I guess in other words, over zoning residential a bit.

Finally, make sure there are good transport links from your industry to your commercial, they might be making enough goods that simply aren't getting there.

Associate
Tried to build my biggest-ever city yesterday. Massively modded, I was gunning for size and population over looking pretty... until I hit the road limit. Couldn't even connect highway to the grid.
That was a waste of an afternoon!

Associate
It was. Tried to fill half a full 81-tile map with a grid system, just for fun. Could still build the default highway ramps, interchanges etc, but no plain roads, no roundabouts or any other premade road asset!
I've made a few thumping cities on here (biggest had about 700,000 residents, and single-figure framerates at times) but never hit a limit before.

I think pre-existing highways aren't counted in the limits- seems to be just stuff I add myself.

Soldato
Yes, why not? Its not online or multiplayer, so just save your city, put it down, and pick it up when its convenient.

I would suggest just getting the base version, play with it and if you start getting in to it, them maybe think about getting some mods on, watch some youtube vids to see the true potential of the game.

Caporegime
It was. Tried to fill half a full 81-tile map with a grid system, just for fun. Could still build the default highway ramps, interchanges etc, but no plain roads, no roundabouts or any other premade road asset!
I've made a few thumping cities on here (biggest had about 700,000 residents, and single-figure framerates at times) but never hit a limit before.

I think pre-existing highways aren't counted in the limits- seems to be just stuff I add myself.

Supposedly water pipes are included, so if you remove them you get more roads.

I'm having a bit of a problem- my commercial uses are complaining that there are not enough goods being delivered. I don't have much industrial land as everyone is too educated for it and they complain about not enough workers and they close down. I even made a new isolated town on the other side of my map with no school but educated people moved in so I still can't get much industry going.

Try connecting a train line from your commercial to your industry, also an external goods train line if your not making enough goods.

I normally just avoid commercial it causes more effort than I can be bothered with.

Soldato
I'm going to buy the new expansion as a payday treat, what day is it released I'm paid on the 23rd. I heard that to get a mix of educated people and non you need more mixture of the different residential (low/medium) is this true?

Caporegime
I'm going to buy the new expansion as a payday treat, what day is it released I'm paid on the 23rd. I heard that to get a mix of educated people and non you need more mixture of the different residential (low/medium) is this true?

I don't think so, education is (from my knowledge) down to the education systems available. And also transport links to them. I normally place primary and highschools within walking distance and universities within public transport.

Back
Top Bottom