Cities: Skylines

Caporegime
Yeah the brooklin buildings are great, they do not fit a Vegas Style theme though, they could be used for quite a few American cities but I would say older cities and ones more north/east coast, it wouldnt really fit LA/Vegas most of the south west cities tend to favour a similar build style. To be honest, I might rezone a lot of my HD resi to low density. Honestly looking at google maps, if you exclude the strip, Vegas is basically all low density houses in big squares, a lot of other south west cities, Mirimar/San diego/the vast majority of Los Angeles all follow the same style.

I am going to abandon the theme manager idea also for my city, there just are not enough assets that fit my theme that will work with it, but I dont think it will be too much to place the apartments manually, then zone the low stuff, everything in the strip needs to be manually placed anyway due to the way the assets are and how built up the immediate area around the strip is.

I know I said it previously, but I had a very good trawl through the workshop this morning, and there are absolutely tons of UK assets, vast majority of which are also growables, I would totally make a UK style map if I were to start a new one today.

That and 'European' style. Like prague, berlin etc. My plan now is start with an old city and to expand some outskirts to more modern, with loads of subarbs surrounding it.

I started it the other day, spent ages creating a theme, building a canal. https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=52656166 These looks aboustley incredible when plotted in that kind of theme.

Loaded up and my saves are dead, can't find an object! Spent a while seeing if I can fix it, totally dead. :(

Soldato
That and 'European' style. Like prague, berlin etc. My plan now is start with an old city and to expand some outskirts to more modern, with loads of subarbs surrounding it.

I started it the other day, spent ages creating a theme, building a canal. https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=52656166 These looks aboustley incredible when plotted in that kind of theme.

Loaded up and my saves are dead, can't find an object! Spent a while seeing if I can fix it, totally dead. :(

Is that the right link..? Nothing there for me.

Soldato
Caporegime
do you use the Loading Screen Mod...? If not try it and select the option to save a log file. Then open that log file after the failed save. It could give you the answer to your problem.

Those blocks do look nice.

Found it, I auto sub to an old network extensions which caused issues with the newest one.

Unsubbed and tada!

I was just messing around and made some res + commercial have 100,000 workers each (only fill to about 4000). Removed road links to the city. Added a crap load of mass transit randomly.

120,000 in the city and pretty much no cars anywhere. Looks awful though, but I was intrigued.

Soldato
vegas.png

20180510195326_1.jpg

Far from perfect but the game has limitations (as do I!).

Anyway, back to Wild Turkey and Appetite for Destruction.

Soldato
@Begbie Great that you got your save loaded. Point taken on your city with the ghost type cities seen that too often

@BUDFORCE Some excellent screens there. You have captured the sense of realism really well.
Good work with the created car park on the last shot.

Soldato
Wow.

Is the swimming pool a park? How did you get road access to it?

And those car parks! So sweet.

Nah the pool is a prop so you can place it anywhere. Yea the car parks are nice but credit needs to go to the guy who made the mod - parking lot roads.

If you got move it though you can place buildings then move them anyway, provided you don't mess with the road it was originally placed on it'll function as normal.

Soldato
***Please ignore the stuff in the background, it is scheduled for redevelopment!***

I loosely based this on a hotel I found just behind the strip in Vegas on google maps, which is more of a holiday resort type hotel than the Marriot I posted above, I believe the hotel building itself is actually a vanilla asset.

I love those California Fan Palm's, they are all over the place in Vegas.

20180512081802_1.jpg

Soldato
Those Palms do look good. How do those deciduous fit in to the Vegas theme ? If that is what they are.!

You are becoming quite a detailer.!

How many Cims do you have now in your city..? I know that it is not about pop.

Soldato
I dont mind the other trees, there are lots "regular" (for lack of any botanical knowledge!) trees in Vegas, actually, my city looks a lot more arid, I will focus a little more on adding more green in general.

Pop is at 55k, for what I have planned I seriously doubt that will exceed 100k.

Back
Top Bottom