Cities: Skylines

Soldato
Anyone know if you can change the map theme mid build?

The map theme I have is ok....... but you can see those cliff textures are really quite low res.

Anyway more progress:

20200902175328-1.jpg

EDIT: I need to figure out how to remove the zoning lines from teh screenshot thing, so much I cannot remember :(

Associate
Anyone know if you can change the map theme mid build?

The map theme I have is ok....... but you can see those cliff textures are really quite low res.

Anyway more progress:

20200902175328-1.jpg

EDIT: I need to figure out how to remove the zoning lines from teh screenshot thing, so much I cannot remember :(

i have a mod which is a free camera and you press TAB - First Person Camera: Updated
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=650805785

But your going to make my city look like a 5yo made it! Great work!

Soldato
20200904210226-1.jpg

Some great UK assets on the workshop now. I havn't 100% finished the above area yet, might detail a little more and obviously outskirts are just blank. I dont think my city will actually be a city, probably just an area with many little hamlets, villages and a small town or two.

Soldato
I've started a new city and left random disasters on for the first time. About 10 minutes of play-time later I get a meteor right in my city! Tried another game and it was an earthquake within 15 minutes of starting my city. It also seems to target your built area rather than being random in your region (like Sim City 2000 was). It seems a bit harsh for the game to attack you so soon when you're just getting started. I'm not sure I've even unlocked any of the disaster related buildings.

Ah well it makes for worse more interesting layout at least. I have however reduced the frequency for disasters in the options!

vbTvMiX.jpg

Soldato
Just picking this back up after a break due to buying all the expansions and needing a little help if anyone is knowledgeable.

I have a really good city going, good traffic etc and all zones running well. I then placed a cargo airport and cargo port and all of a sudden almost all my commercial zones are shutting down saying they have no goods to sell. I'm somewhat confused, any idea why this would happen?

Associate
Just picking this back up after a break due to buying all the expansions and needing a little help if anyone is knowledgeable.

I have a really good city going, good traffic etc and all zones running well. I then placed a cargo airport and cargo port and all of a sudden almost all my commercial zones are shutting down saying they have no goods to sell. I'm somewhat confused, any idea why this would happen?

Late response so might not be that useful but..

You possibly dont have enough industry and/or too much commercial. So because of the new cargo ports a lot of your goods are being exported rather than being diverted into your commercial district.

Soldato
I played this for the first time in a while. I did that "Pondocolypse" map where you have maybe 20 minutes to unlock enough of the map to build on an elevated island before the map floods. On my second attempt I made it to an island with a population of 2 after the Great Flood! This slowly grew to about a whole 20 people (despite having dozens of houses building up) before I needed to be bailed out by the bank. At the last minute I realised there are external highway connections so I hooked those up and my population shot up to a few hundred.

SNmRlRBh.jpg

So I reloaded a save and connected to the external highway at the same time as setting up on the island and got a few hundred people in quite quickly, whilst demolishing Wet Town in the valley so my income and outgoings would be reset. Then the next stage is pretty challenging, having no money or loans available and needing to slowly crawl your way back saving up for a school, garbage, health clinic...

It doesn't help that the external road network is very unreliable and gets flooded itself so deliveries to my power station stopped and I had to grab another loan that I had just paid off to build a whole load of wind turbines.

Then just as everything was going well, my island flooded and I gave up as I was nowhere near ready to unlock the next island!

nm9TVeSh.jpg

Soldato
I would say that Mass Transit is the only one that is "essential". The later expansions add bits to the main game (sort of the whole point of an expansion!) But MT changes/ improves how you play the main game, a bit by giving you more transport options.

For mods I would get the "unlock every tile" mod and TMPE traffic mod along with Roundabout builder. But it depends on what you like doing; some people don't like designing roads and junctions and will therefore download a whole bunch of them from the Steam Workshop. I run very few mods compared to the others in this thread!

Caporegime
Hey guys :)

Found myself in a Youtube hole watching videos of this again :p

I've got the base game but no DLC's, so what DLC's are essential and also what mods would people say are essential to get the game going?

Cheers :)

Mods, you can go crazy with. I have way more installed than I actually use. Procedural Objects is really cool, extra landscaping tools, prop and tree anarchy, RICO, Parallel Road Tool, Fine Road Anarchy, Find it! 2 (this is a must if your using custom assets and hand plopping), TMPE, Move it (another must), Loading Screen Mod (I don't actually think my game will load without this).

There some I won't play without.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles...es/?appid=255710&browsefilter=mysubscriptions

I'm not sure if that works or not. You can filter to just get MODs.

Associate
FYI, a lot of the DLCs are currently cheap on wingamestore, some are listed on isthereanydeal as being historical lows, so if you want any of them that might be a good place to look :)

Caporegime
Are there any mods which make things like shops a bit more realistic and random?

I create a commercial zone and I have about 4 burger kings all pop up on the same street. My citizens must have a drug problem as they seem to need 10 drug stores. I just want it a bit more varied and realistic.

Soldato
Are there any mods which make things like shops a bit more realistic and random?

I create a commercial zone and I have about 4 burger kings all pop up on the same street. My citizens must have a drug problem as they seem to need 10 drug stores. I just want it a bit more varied and realistic.

Yes but forgive me it's been a while since I played.

RICO will let you do this but takes a bit of setting up on game, building anarchy maybe, I had 2 mods definitely that would let you do that.

Soldato
I’ve been playing with realistic populations revisited mod recently. Makes it very different. Basically you need much more residential, as each building is only housing a few pops, but on the flip side you need very little commercial/residential compared to vanilla as each industry/commercial needs more workers.

Plus traffic management is huge when you get into the high density residential as they house a lot more.

Anyone else use this mod?

Soldato
I’ve been playing with realistic populations revisited mod recently. Makes it very different. Basically you need much more residential, as each building is only housing a few pops, but on the flip side you need very little commercial/residential compared to vanilla as each industry/commercial needs more workers.

Plus traffic management is huge when you get into the high density residential as they house a lot more.

Anyone else use this mod?

I don't but I might give that a try to make a change with how I usually play CS!

Back
Top Bottom