Cities: Skylines

Soldato
Starting to get grumpy with the car AI now. Why does it always try and take the shortest route rather than the quickest!
I've got an annoying chokepoint in an area downtown (my fault for the level crossing....) and all my damn bin lorries are queuing up there rather than driving around a less direct route with no traffic at all! :(

Soldato
I believe the AI does take the quickest route rather than the shortest but its based on there being 0 traffic. Unfortunately they dont recognize traffic jams and reroute.

Soldato
Anyone know if there is a mod that raises the amount of workplaces industry gives?

I try to build offices or special industry but the demand goes down for about 2 min then up again. And if I build regular industry the demand stays down :/

Soldato
Anyone know for sure whether bin lorries and hearses will cover the entire size of the map to make collections, or do you need to spread them out?
I'm kinda thinking of just chucking shedloads of incineration plants in a well connected bit of industry area and keeping them all miles away from everything else. Similar for the cemetaries.

Associate
Anyone know for sure whether bin lorries and hearses will cover the entire size of the map to make collections, or do you need to spread them out?
I'm kinda thinking of just chucking shedloads of incineration plants in a well connected bit of industry area and keeping them all miles away from everything else. Similar for the cemetaries.

If you go into the asset editor theres a setting which specifies the buildings range. So it'd be odd if it has a range, but ignored it. Either way, doesnt seem like a particularly efficient solution either.

Soldato

I got all mine in my industry area. They cover the whole city the only problem I guess is that they all seem to go out at the same time then and follow the same route/follow each other.
Meaning they create a bit of a backup and makes collecting a bit slow in some parts of the city.

Soldato
Is it possible to trade saves with people?

Id be interesting in uploading my 133k City to see how people deal with various traffic issues. Its not that i want people to play the game for me, its just that i cant seem to apply the things im learning from looking at other peoples cities to my own :(

Soldato
After playing a few maps and watching games on Twitch, I am really moving away from flat and boring cities full of grids! Ones that are more 'natural' with curves and zones at different heights are far more interesting to look at.

This is the best save game I have come across. Love the lack of grids and the flow, touches like the railways running behind the mountains.

Can anyone recommend a decent starting map that isn't so flat and has some landscaping that is also usable for a reasonable size population?

Caporegime
How long does it take to empty landfills? Unlocked Incinerators and was trying to empty my landfills but they seem to be taking an absolute age to empty.

ages and they overload your incinerators causing your citizens garbage to not get taken away unless you build a lot more incinerators than your city needs.

Associate
After playing a few maps and watching games on Twitch, I am really moving away from flat and boring cities full of grids! Ones that are more 'natural' with curves and zones at different heights are far more interesting to look at.

This is the best save game I have come across. Love the lack of grids and the flow, touches like the railways running behind the mountains.

Can anyone recommend a decent starting map that isn't so flat and has some landscaping that is also usable for a reasonable size population?

I am playing that map, its great but my city traffic is nowhere near as good as that :)

Soldato
I've been watching a guy called Cleave playing Skylines on Twitch.

He's on most nights and has some lovely looking cities - often enjoy watching others create more than playing the game myself!

Back
Top Bottom