Cities: Skylines

Soldato
Honestly, not really.

Roundabouts are king, put industrial near highway, you will start over a bunch of times before you get it.

Flick through the thread, check out /r/citiesskylines and just dive in.

Soldato
My girlfriend has been playing as well - what do you guys think?

BF3670879AB9670EDAB2B84C2F980DE6B46FBB56

Associate
Honestly, not really.

Roundabouts are king, put industrial near highway, you will start over a bunch of times before you get it.

Flick through the thread, check out /r/citiesskylines and just dive in.

Thanks, I have about 6k population and I had a roundabout but I think I located it to close to residential area as the cars came off and were straight into it.

Soldato
hmm, i hit the 80k population last night but im learning to realise that my roads and building placements arent optimal. 90% in the first tile, small industrial in another tile and just roads in the others ive unlocked.

i think ive got around 500k in the bank also, thinking i should demolish everything and start again.

Soldato
do you need to register an account with Paradox to be able to access steam workshop mods?

I've been logged into my steam account and i can see the mods but when i click on them nothing happens (from the menu of Cities Skylines) Albeit at the bottom there is an option to log into a paradox account...

Soldato
do you need to register an account with Paradox to be able to access steam workshop mods?

I've got no account and have been using mods fine... although I have always browsed the workshop through Steam directly (and just click subscribe, it downloads the mods and they appear in C:S)

I unlocked the Hadron Collider last night... Talk about OP!!! It instantly acts as capacity for 1,000,000 for each of elementry, high school and universities, with no requirement to have good travel routes to it and perfect coverage of absolutely every part of the city... My population almost instantly went to ~100% highly educated, loads of stuff upgraded, and could happily bulldoze every other education building if I want...

Kind ruins the late game at that point to be honest - I haven't unlocked it yet but I assume the Medical Center does the same thing for healthcare :confused:

Soldato
I'm still enjoying it but also getting really frustrated. Once i get to 25k+ population i just cant seem to control the traffic well enough.

Soldato
I find it annoying that you start with such a small land area, planning is a ***** in the beginning.

On my 2nd city now, and basically the area that is supposed to be high density in my ''plan'' is now low density still, need to replace the low density areas first before upgrading them to high density.

Associate
I seem to enjoy this game at the start of a new save with a population of less than 10k for some reason.

Had a few saves where I've gotten up to around 30k but the most enjoyable was the first few hours!

Anyone else found this or is it just me? :D

Soldato
Love this game

Although would love a patch or at least a mod to force traffic to use all lanes

Anything out there yet as I've seen a couple of teasers

Back
Top Bottom