City Fibre

Asking the silly question, is your xbox connected with cable or wifi?

With regards to billing they moved to Home Telecom and a new billing system, my swap was seamless to the new DD / email system.
Wired - and I didn't make any changes to the setup since moving over from BT.

Mmm all works well - just the bills are not reaching my inbox

Does anyone know when the CityFibre isp's are putting the speeds going up on their services? only Idnet seems to be offering faster service, but they are higher priced even at the 1gb speeds
Yayzi were first in this respect, they also bumped those of us on 900/900 upto 1.2/1 for free and you can order the 2.5 service though prices have climbed up in the last 7 months, though they have honoured the 3 year price fix promise and the option of paying by the hour to boost your profile is coming, which i've not heard of anyone else doing. Start of the year was rough with Yayzi, they had a few issues with back end migrations leaving a chunk of users without service for a few days and port capacity with CF took longer than was ideal to be upgraded, in the rush they hadn't cleaned the IP's and we had a few weeks of being in the US for geo-location purposes, but they've committed to having the next upgrade in the pipeline with CF ahead of projected capacity limits and the IP's they use now seem to be updated ahead of release. If you need a business class ISP I would probably look for one elswhere, but as a residential user I really can't complain that much, they're also incredibly open and honest about issues and most importantly take feedback onboard/change accordingly.

I'm still thinking of moving from Giganet as they use Gnat, but the speeds are always very good! probably at some point they will increase their speeds too... Im now just on a rolling contract so can go whenever I like!

Vfast have told me they don't use gnat, but only offer 900meg still too. Does anyone here use Vfast?

Anyone else with no-one (using the stock Mercku router) having issues with BQM recently? Hadn't checked in ages but looks like mine stopped working back at the end of April...

4e0bc4be74c9dabcfae134c0c5e533a891fcca37-25-04-2024.png

IP hasn't changed and "WAN Ping" is still enabled as expected, wondering if it was an automatic firmware update due to the time - will raise a support ticket but thought I'd check here too.
FYI for anyone interested/ has the same issue with no one & the supplied router - this was resolved by carrying out a firmware downgrade (3.2.3 > 2.1.0).

My connection had been dropping frequently, so was adivsed to downgrade by support - will see whow things go.

I'm still thinking of moving from Giganet as they use Gnat, but the speeds are always very good! probably at some point they will increase their speeds too... Im now just on a rolling contract so can go whenever I like!

Vfast have told me they don't use gnat, but only offer 900meg still too. Does anyone here use Vfast?
It's £3/month for a static IP which gets you off CGNAT, surely if you are happy, then this is the obvious option, or just rough it out if you don't game/run services.

I found with Quad9 all my google requests ended up in west coast US putting the latency in the 80s and reducing transfer speeds on gdrive and prob youtube as well. So now use cloudfare and back down to 7ms and good transfer speed. With Aquiss now but it was the same on my previous ISP so seems to be an issue with either Quad9 or google. There's not a lot in it though so I just use Cloudflare.

Googled, and clicked on first link which was this, it loaded fine.

Googled, and clicked on first link which was this, it loaded fine.

That link works when I'm on mobile data but not when connected to home WiFi. So for some reason my Vodafone gigafast is blocking Vodafone forum. Hmm

Back
Top Bottom