Civilization VI

Soldato
Playing tonight I realised something that I had noticed before but thought I just got lucky. Sometimes I spawn in an area with no Barbarians...at all. In my current game I have a massive area to myself and have built 10 cities and not once found a Barb to annoy me. I think I saw my first one around turn 100 when I found another island, so they are in the game, but so few of them. Anyone else seen this?

Associate
Anyone suffering from constant crashing? Only just bought the game and it's driving me mad.

Game files verified several times
Uninstalled and reinstalled several times.
Windows defender disabled
Newest amd drivers

Not sure what else to try now.

Yeah, had the exact same thing the other day... did everything you mentioned and it still persisted. In the end I uninstalled, then deleted the folder in my docs, re-installed and it's been fine since.

Also, how do you get more players in online multiplayer games, I seem to be limited to 12 and even then it says 'unsupported' on some of the civs :S

Man of Honour
Yeah, had the exact same thing the other day... did everything you mentioned and it still persisted. In the end I uninstalled, then deleted the folder in my docs, re-installed and it's been fine since.

Also, how do you get more players in online multiplayer games, I seem to be limited to 12 and even then it says 'unsupported' on some of the civs :S

Take a look at the YNAMP mod, its the mod that we use for our multiplayer games. It allows maps that are absolutely gigantic and also you can increase the number of players up to a max of 50 (might even be higher than that now). We only play multiplayer, always between 8 and 10 human players and then 30+ AI players.

A heads up though, in the late game (particularly when playing on Marathon as we do), with that many civs, turns can take several minutes for the AI to process their moves. Not that most civilization players are in a rush anyway :)

Associate
Take a look at the YNAMP mod, its the mod that we use for our multiplayer games. It allows maps that are absolutely gigantic and also you can increase the number of players up to a max of 50 (might even be higher than that now). We only play multiplayer, always between 8 and 10 human players and then 30+ AI players.

A heads up though, in the late game (particularly when playing on Marathon as we do), with that many civs, turns can take several minutes for the AI to process their moves. Not that most civilization players are in a rush anyway :)

I did have this on prior to the latest update, but was still limited to 12 civs on multi, but also some civs like France, ended up with black borders and couldn't see the units properly and city names were all blurred out... I did download what I thought was a later version, but still the same :S

Man of Honour
I did have this on prior to the latest update, but was still limited to 12 civs on multi, but also some civs like France, ended up with black borders and couldn't see the units properly and city names were all blurred out... I did download what I thought was a later version, but still the same :S

That's odd, we've used the YNAMP mod for years without those issues, we first started playing on the giant maps and with dozens of civs way before the first expansion came out. There was another way to increase the number of civs allowed, it involved editing an XML file (which is probably what the mod does anyway) but I cant remember which file it was. Problem was that if you just edited that file but didn't have the enormous YNAMP maps then there wasn't enough space for all the civs and its all rather cramped. With 30+ civs and the largest YNAMP map (which is like 3 times the size of the default huge map) , its awesome

Associate
That's odd, we've used the YNAMP mod for years without those issues, we first started playing on the giant maps and with dozens of civs way before the first expansion came out

Where's the best place to download it from? I think my game was showing 2 versions of this at one point and I had to mod some other files in the mydocs folder, so maybe that's the cause. I'm now running on an un-modded vanilla version. Think I'll get the new DLC today too, as it looks pretty cool despite the negative reviews I've seen.

Man of Honour
Where's the best place to download it from? I think my game was showing 2 versions of this at one point and I had to mod some other files in the mydocs folder, so maybe that's the cause. I'm now running on an un-modded vanilla version. Think I'll get the new DLC today too, as it looks pretty cool despite the negative reviews I've seen.

We download ours and keep up to date with it from here - https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ynamp-yet-not-another-maps-pack-for-civ6.602050/
The guy who writes the mod, Gedemon, regularly posts in the thread and is quick to respond to feedback

Man of Honour
Awesome, thanks mate :)

I'm just about to pull the trigger on cdkeys for the new expansion... worth it?

100% definitely. The expansion is superb, loads of changes, really interesting new civs that make areas of the map which you would previously avoid actually useful, the weather conditions, climate change and world congress make a big impact on how the game plays. Its pricey for an expansion but got to say its worth it.

Associate
I've been having these problems on a fresh install and with the most recent patch. It's annoying.

Tell me about it!

I've managed to get YNAEMP back on working now at least though, as I'd been a numpty and put the folder in my steam folder as well! So giant earth map limited to 20 civs so far is lightning quick for turn timers and so far so good!

Soldato
I've only got a few hours into this when it first came out but I want to try get back into it now, should I play through the base game 1st or will the expansions make it a better experience ? If so which expansions are essential ? could be a bit dangerous loading this up on the laptop in bed haha

Associate
The base game feels bare, but Gathering Storm is brilliant, it's really added another dimension to the game and it feels more like Civ 5 in its depth again (which was initially lacking on the vanilla game).

Associate
it would be better to have all the expansions installed more closer to a finished game that way. A bit of a halfway house other wise. and do not play this type of game in bed if you want a life out side of gaming.:D

Soldato
it would be better to have all the expansions installed more closer to a finished game that way. A bit of a halfway house other wise. and do not play this type of game in bed if you want a life out side of gaming.:D
We found that the worse way to play. Play a batch of games, install expansion 1, play a batch of games, install expansion 2 play more. We got way more hours out of it like that then just starting with everything installed.

Soldato
We found that the worse way to play. Play a batch of games, install expansion 1, play a batch of games, install expansion 2 play more. We got way more hours out of it like that then just starting with everything installed.

The base game has changed though through expansions even if you don't have them. Resources for example. Personally I would grab the major DLCs and jump in. If you're not confident in the game, just set the difficultly down and learn the first 50 or so turns, then build from there. Honestly does not take that long to learn the basics.

Back
Top Bottom