Clarkson's Farm

well just read a news article where a similar farm just few miles away from clarkson farm, has been granted all sorts of permissions to build all thing clarkson want too plus few thing he hasn't though of. only reason they manage to do it is they fall under the judication of another council. goes to show that some councils can be helpful and supportive while other are not.

Binge watched the 2nd season on a flight. Really enjoyed it again.
That council are appalling. Not letting him do anything remotely productive, or as a means for additional income. Glad they managed to get something running by the end. Looked amazing in the evening light.

Binge watched the 2nd season on a flight. Really enjoyed it again.
That council are appalling. Not letting him do anything remotely productive, or as a means for additional income. Glad they managed to get something running by the end. Looked amazing in the evening light.
Asking him to slate the roof on the shop, then still refusing a parking space was particularly annoying. It was obvious the council didn't want development of the farm of any kind, despite the majority of the locals supporting it, especially the farmers. How would they feel if he sold the farm to a developer? The NIMBYs would be apoplectic.

Yeh I think it would be a shame for all involved if they didn't go another series.

I really liked it and I generally like Clarkson and his content. He does go a bit too far sometimes though. Like when he started throwing punches and what not.

Its No.1 in Amazon UK charts they'd be dumb to get rid of it and its probably a lot cheaper to make than Picard just filming a guy in a tractor in a field. Outcry or no outcry at the end of the day its a straight business decision

How much of it is subsidised by Amazon though. He’ll be making a few quid through the show no doubt.

He'll be getting paid by amazon yeah. He's not making any money farming thats for sure!

Last edited:
It really annoys me than general consumers prefer not buying ‘perfect’ shaped veg, or happy to pay a bit more for milk/dairy, to help farmers from getting shafted by supermarkets.
I’ve tried to buy a lot more stuff from farm markets, and not the supermarkets. But sometimes you just can’t the convenience.

It really annoys me than general consumers prefer not buying ‘perfect’ shaped veg, or happy to pay a bit more for milk/dairy, to help farmers from getting shafted by supermarkets.
I’ve tried to buy a lot more stuff from farm markets, and not the supermarkets. But sometimes you just can’t the convenience.
It’s not a bit more for milk though. We have a little dairy farm with a vending machine not far from us which we were using for a while, but they bumped the price up to £1.40 for a litre and I pay a little bit more for 4 pints in the supermarket.

I’m happy to support them but I’m not paying £2.80 for 2 litres when I can get it for £1.60.

Last edited:
Update on the restaurant. I've spoilered it just for anyone who hasn't seen the entire second series.

Just seen it reported that after the restaurant was opened, the council gave him a list of things that had to be changed within six weeks. Those weren't changed and he's now decided not to pursue it and so after all that, it won't reopen again.

Finished this an completely love it.

It brought back amazing memories of when we used to keep a few beef cattle when I was younger.

Heart breaking to see the state of some of the farming markets now.

Shame about the restaurant, looked like an absolutely beautiful place to sit and eat during the summer.
They didn't mention the pricing on the show but I've been able to find it. It was a set price of £49/person and £69/person for the VIP room. I was expecting it to be a lot higher.

They didn't mention the pricing on the show but I've been able to find it. It was a set price of £49/person and £69/person for the VIP room. I was expecting it to be a lot higher.
Yeah I seen that yesterday and thought it was a bit of a bargain to be honest.

Update on the restaurant. I've spoilered it just for anyone who hasn't seen the entire second series.

Just seen it reported that after the restaurant was opened, the council gave him a list of things that had to be changed within six weeks. Those weren't changed and he's now decided not to pursue it and so after all that, it won't reopen again.

That's in regards to the pop up loop hole restaurant they opened. They've started putting in appeals for the other things

Back
Top Bottom