Clocking Advice/Tips Needed

Associate
OP
Has a side note, Im tempted to nut and bolt down my Freezer Pro cooler to the mobo by removing the clips and see if that helps with the cooling.

You can get nylon nut and bolts so Isolation from shorts should not be a problem.

Was thinking something like this:
NYLONSCREW.jpg

And
nylonnut1_small.jpg

And if needs be
nylonwasher.jpg

What ya think?

Regards.

Soldato
Brian You could try it, although as i mentioned above do not over tighten as the CPU will become damaged. the plastic washer will be useful as well under the board and on the each of the threads top side. Try it and see if there is a change in the temps.

(Email sent)

Alex

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yes I will do that, source then locally so no waiting but they are no good to me now without ram.

Also received today a new tube of Arctic Silver and its in the fridge right now nose down in the butter :) to keep it in one place.

Misses not happy LOL

Associate
OP
Guys,

Whats the best memory to get if I decide not to go for OCZ again. With OCZ ram it has heat spreaders attached so if I went for say Corsair, would it run just as well and cope with heat as good as OCZ with spreaders?

Regards.

Associate
OP
Owe well, I RMA'ed my OCZ ram (4X1GB sticks) cos 3 was faulty and decided to get the following:

Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 XMS2 Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL5(5-5-5-12) Heat Spreader Lifetime Warranty

Hope the 4 strips perform better than the OCZ and last longer this time.

Any coments on this ram!

Regards.

Associate
How long did it take to get your RMA mate, I mailed them and got an email saying

"lease be advised that the status on your trouble ticket
has been changed from Submitted to Acknowledged."

This was yesterday, shouldnt they respond within 24hours they said. Maybe im just impatient, but at least if you say that I wont worry. Ive ordered some OCZ Alpha 1000mhz and cooler.

Associate
OP
Hi Again,

Decided to drop the Freezer Pro 7 and just purchased a Tuniq Tower 120 CPU Cooler which I hope will resolve my heat problems.

I now have 2 Freezer 7's here doing nowt, owe well here comes Ebay ;)

Anyway, should receive my new ram and cooler tomorrow so its back to the drawing board again and see what happends.

Regards.

Soldato
Hi Brian

(Tip)when you fit the Tuniq do not remove the adhesive cover covering the back plate to. Line up the back plate with the socket holes and mount. It wont slip or move. If you need to remove the back plate in the future, and you have removed the adhesive covering sticker it will be extremely difficult to remove.

Check when the cooler arrives regrading the fan header. Although i do believe the TuniqTower 120 fan controller actually plugs into a mobo header so you should be fine

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi M8,

So on the back plate there is a sticky pad I presume to keep it in place, dont use it but just bolt it in place as is.

This will enable easy removal if needs be in the future.

Regards.

Soldato
Hi M8,

So on the back plate there is a sticky pad I presume to keep it in place, dont use it but just bolt it in place as is.

This will enable easy removal if needs be in the future.

Regards.

Thats correct Brian as you mention above there is a clear plastic film covering the adhesive pad don't remove it;)

(soz didnt reply to your email m8 my email server is down and try to sort it out Hammer please:D)

Back
Top Bottom