Cobra Kai

Soldato
Binged season 4 and its brilliant, great story and decent acting. Pacing is slightly off in the middle and it dragged a bit but overall 8/10

The only issue which I don't think it can be avoided if we're going with this nostalgia theme, is the age of the actors and looks to only get worse in season 5. Not of these 'back in the day' actors come across as martial arts capable. Noticed sensei Kreese could barely walk, nevermind fight.

Last edited:
Soldato
Binged season 4 and its brilliant, great story and decent acting. Pacing is slight off in the middle and it dragged a bit but overall 8/10

The only issue which I don't think it can be avoided if were to run with this nostalgia theme, is the age of the actors and looks to only get worse in season 5. Not of these 'back in the day' actors come across as martial arts capable. Noticed sensei Kreese could barely walk, nevermind fight.

That was the same with Miyagi he could barely walk. Though from what I understand now, Pat was a raging alcoholic and often wasted on sets.

I found the weight gain of one the kids jarring. I thought they'd changed a cast member at first.

Soldato
Finished this season now.

I didn't enjoy it as much as the other seasons. It just want as fun overall. Of course it was all building up towards the last episode which was good.

Non-spoiler: I found the new kid and the Larusso kids completely insufferable. The Larusso kids were horrible before but I wanted to punch them myself this season.

Also, where does Jonny get any money from? In the first season we see him working odd jobs, and he later opens the dojo. Last season he was broke and training in the park.

I found it interesting that Miguel gets on a greyhound style US bus with the destination as Mexico City what the actual... you don't get those busses in Mexico and you don't get US busses crossing the border especially as far south as the capital.

On that theme though it would be great if there was a 6 part mini-series with Jonny in kicking ass in CDMX.

I really hope that the cast doesn't leave. I couldn't stand a season focussing on Kenneth and baby Larusso

Soldato
Awesome Season.
I watched it with my son who has been repeat watching the previous 3 Seasons for 11 months. We know every word in every scene now :o

Season 4 was epic, those last 2 episodes smashed it. The work the cast and crew put in - they lifted it to a new level !!. We didn’t see those few twists coming at the end.
Can’t wait for Season 5

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Wow thought it was good. Surprised i enjoyed it a lot more than i did. Dont get me wrong there was a few plot holes and weaknesses but overall pretty impressed and entertained. Cant wait until the next season. Things really hotting up.

Soldato
Absolutely loved it.

I thought I'd missed an episode after the ending where Johnny is drunk :confused:

All in all, brilliant. Had a feeling at the start Mr Silver was only getting a cameo but nope :D

Mike Barnes next?

Soldato
Loved it, Jonny is still by far and away the best thing about the show. The laruso kids are still annoying, could do with less of them, particularly Sam.

could he be Tory's father?

Soldato
Got a couple left to watch, couldn't agree more about Daniels Daughter needing to have less screen time.

Waiting on the next top secret super move!!!

Caporegime
Daniels daughter is amazing, the fact that so many people dislike like her says a lot about the writing. They've essentially switched the good vs evil roles and it's now daddy's little princess bullying the criminal that's never been given anything in her life. In reality, she's no better or worse than Daniel or her brother and I'm hoping everything unravels for them in season 5, Eagle Fang come out on top and Johnny runs off with Daniels hot wife after kicking his ass.

Soldato
Her being good or evil isn't the reason people dislike her.

The writers have done a good job though. Daniel himself is thoroughly unlikable in The Karate Kid. He's a hot headed arrogant little **** which is why he gets a dose of reality from Cobra Kai. It would stand to reason his kids are somewhat similar except for all the teachings and influence Myagi had on him after the first film.

Soldato
I dunno, I thought Mr Silver would still remain passive. In the beginning you can see his regret of what he did to that 'kid'. If anything, I thought he'd sway away from Kreece. I would have prefer if he did and not then become a typical bad guy.

Back
Top Bottom