Cobra Kai

ah this is quite cool, wouldn't have known about it if not for this thread, just watched episode 1 :)

(also youtube has added some gimmicks - when you pause/play you get a wax on/wax off pop up and when you hover over the time line you get a silhouette ready to do a crane kit thingie...)

Got through the first 6 episodes.

This is without doubt one of the biggest TV surprises I have ever had. I was expecting it to be a total parody and basically, a load of crap, but I absolutely love it.

It’s got nostalgia, good characters, decent script and is very well paced. Its good that they’ve kept the episodes short. It never drags or gets boring, so easy to watch. Must admit I got a little goosebump at the end of episode 5 when Daniel does the kata in his gi and the music kicks off.

Can’t wait to watch the rest and so glad it’s been renewed. Just need some more old faces now to really get the nostalgia going. Martin Kove would be great so Johnny can kick his ass.

Last edited:
thanks for that , possibly a little to much for my 10 year old then ? shame as he loved the films
My boys are mad for the original movies. They are 5 & 6 and I couldn't deny them the opportunity to watch it. There are no Fs at all. Quite a few Ss and donkeys and some mild sexual references that go over my kids head anyway. The worst part is when a male part gets drawn on a billboard but there is nothing in it that is going to adversely effect your child, it's definitely not so bad that I wouldn't let him watch it if he's a fan. I know all parents have different views and tolerances for these things and I'm probably way over to the liberal side of the scale, but I just told my boys that you might hear some bad words but you are not allowed to say them - and they don't.

Finished it and found the whole thing totally brilliant from start to finish. This is the actual definition of nailed it!

Kreese is back :D What a fantastically menacing entrance. Sets it up brilliantly. I said earlier about Johnny kicking his ass, but I can't see that tbh. Johnny looked terrified of him

Surprised Zabka's not done more stuff, I think he's actually a very good actor.

First episode was great fun. Love the anti-hero angle and there were some genuine lols in the episode. Will watch 2 later.

yup, me too

I really loved "Better Call Saul" too, this has a similar vibe too it with the flawed main character, plenty of funny bits etc..

they've sucked me in like a crack addict with those first two episodes though, I can't say I've ever paid for anything on amazon video unless I had some free credits, just stuck to the free prime stuff... but this one, I watched the two episodes and now I've paid for 3,4 and 5..

(also the mum has some seriously nice/rather unique eye colour)

Back
Top Bottom