CoD: Advanced Warfare

Soldato
For those with an older GFX card they will be pleased to know that my GTX480 plays nice with high settings. Still get a steady 90FPS on extra settings but its a bit stuttery, so dropped to high and its ok :)

This is MP im on about haven't tried SP yet :)

Cheers for that, im still using an older card so thats great to hear!
This is the first COD in a long time to get me interested, Im looking forward to picking it up come the day of pay :D

Soldato
One thing im wondering is...the cut scenes are in real time and they look incredible... then it cuts to giving the player back control and they suddenly look much flatter. It looks like they could have easily made the whole game look like the cut scenes if they wanted too as all I can see is improved DOF and textures in those.

Associate
Right. so i managed to max everything out in the game and it runs smoothly now except that supersampling not only cripples the fps to single digits but the textures become low resolution as well. Anybody else having that issue?

Also is it me or does the game does not look any better than ghosts? I think i read somewhere that they used a new engine for this game, does not seem that way at all to me. The environments look bland, human skin textures look great but that's about it.

Associate
Right. so i managed to max everything out in the game and it runs smoothly now except that supersampling not only cripples the fps to single digits but the textures become low resolution as well. Anybody else having that issue?

Also is it me or does the game does not look any better than ghosts? I think i read somewhere that they used a new engine for this game, does not seem that way at all to me. The environments look bland, human skin textures look great but that's about it.

Haven't played it but it's not going to be ground-breaking graphically, I mean, they spent like a year on it? Watched some youtube vids and thought the explosions and what not looked nice, that was campaign though.

Soldato
I'm absolutely loving the SP in this so far. Spacey has always been a favorite actor of mine, he's awesome in this. Game plot although predictable is shaping up nicely.

Thumbs up from me at this point. :D

Associate
Really struggling to run this game in single player at the moment. Fps is dropping to 25-30 constantly and sometimes freezes up for a second or so. Everything is maxed other than super sampling, which is at x2.

Here's a picture of what my hardware's running like during the second mission. As you can see, the GPU and CPU load is all over the place.

44cf55bb52.jpg

Associate
Haven't played it but it's not going to be ground-breaking graphically, I mean, they spent like a year on it? Watched some youtube vids and thought the explosions and what not looked nice, that was campaign though.

I think this is the first of the three year cycle cods.

Caved and bought this afternoon £25ish squid. First game I was BEASTING and thought oooh, this is pretty cool. I have proceeded to have all sorts of problems since then, crappy hit detection, frame rates all over the shop and that god damn mouse acceleration. I went back to BF4 just to make sure I was still pro and it was the games fault :D.

If they can fix a few of the clear issues it could be pretty solid, its good for a bit of mindless fun. Not tried campaign yet.

Soldato
I will say one thing... this game does run amazing.

Im running it at 3440x1440 maxed out at a constant 60fps on a single 290.
Crossfire doesn't work so one card is wasted but I guess it doesn't matter if its running that well.

Its a shame though as I could probably crank the supersampling up pretty high if both cards worked.

Soldato
What kinda settings would I need to run this at on my laptop?

CPU - Intel Core i7 3610QM @ 2.30GHz
RAM - 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
Graphics - 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
Storage - 238GB SAMSUNG SSD PM830 2.5" 7 (SSD)

Associate
right I am struggling with this game it just will not run on my pc and I am exceeding recommended specs has anyone got any ideas . the game crashes at the beginning and I get errors like this

"create2dtexture(glow_flat_01,128,128.0,74)failed 8007000e=(error0x8007000e"
or
"create2dtexture (ref floor pointed 03 med col 128 128 0 71 failed 8007000e= not enough storage is available to complete the operation "

I have 8gb ram so what am I doing wrong and is there a setting I need to alter ?

help please

Associate
gpu r290 which is 4gb and yes I am running win7 64bit I have contacted support and they advise updating sound drivers

Back
Top Bottom