CODWWII

Man of Honour
Just beaten this, thoughts below:

+I think the visuals are excellent. I can't think of a better looking WW2 game. Characters look good, lighting looks good, heck even the textures (so often the bane of COD) look good
+Cinematic experience with good storytelling, well maybe not good all the way through, but at least it is there
+Generally satisfying combat, although enemy AI not great. NPC support makes it a much more immersive experience.
+Keeps different playstyle sections (e.g. stealth, driving, turrets, sniping etc) fairly brief so they don't get too intrusive - nothing worse than playing a good FPS and then you hit the 'Stealth mission' where suddenly wandering into an enemy's eyeline is more deadly than any weapon
+Decent performance, runs around 70-130fps

-Lost all my campaign progress shortly after the airplane mission, had to download a save file. Looking online it seems quite a few others have had this issue which is pretty shocking from a AAA title
-What made the above doubly annoying was I'd already had to restart that mission, because a checkpoint save occurred just before I was gaining too much altitude, so I would die within a couple of seconds of loading the checkpoint - no way out!
-Load times seem excessively long considering my spec (Ryzen 1600, 16GB, SSD install), some missions must have taken over a minute to load
-Game a bit short, only lasts around 6hrs or so
-Still got that highly annoying "LEAVING COMBAT AREA" nonsense, there was this mission near the end where you are moving stealthily to take up overwatch positions and I started skirting round to the left as it seemed to be the way to go, but then when I pushed even further it was an instant-fail :/
-Feels like it telegraphs targets a bit to much e.g. icons and words hovering over enemy Panzershreks etc (I appreciate this maybe not the case on harder difficulty settings)
-Felt like they overdid the whole crash / explosion routine a bit, basically you get to a certain point of the mission and then there is debris flying all around you, usually a bit of slow mo and prime yourself for the inevitable QTE. I don't mind the new reticle thing they've introduced where you have to move the mouse but QTE still a bit annoying especially with default keybindings as sometimes you have to press silly keys like 2 or G that you aren't really prepared for.
-In general seems to want to enter 'semi-cutscene' mode a bit too much rather than let you get on with it
-Vehicle missions not particularly good, especially the tank level which was awful, basically consisted of driving in a circle round a building to sneak up (lol) on enemy tank to get a rear/side shot in

Basically this is the sort of game I've been waiting for since MOH: PA (which has quite a few flaws), with good support from NPCs throughout, squad abilities etc. I played this straight after BO3 and the difference is like night and day, this is a return to form for COD and basically feels like the first couple of games brought up to date.

Associate
Is there anyone around still playing MP from here? There are a few of us on playing, but could always be doing with some more folk. Maybe even have a private game set up?

Steam User ID: Meekal_8 feel free to add :)

Man of Honour
Uninstalled it over Christmas.

Too many issues and bugs still present nearly two months after release.

Not enough maps.

Loads of hackers in the game.

And sick to death of being stuck in matches where I'm the only player from the UK. Meaning the latency between players lends itself to feeling like a lottery as to whether you get a kill or not.

Associate
Main problem with the game for me is too many hackers, I even have a friend that tried hacking on the game, Made it SUPER obvious and still to this day 2 months later, he's still not banned. They wonder why PC players don't buy CoD, Because it doesn't get any support.

Associate
Is there anyone around still playing MP from here? There are a few of us on playing, but could always be doing with some more folk. Maybe even have a private game set up?

Steam User ID: Meekal_8 feel free to add :)

i just got it and ill add you when i get home form work

Soldato
You cannot churn out a full game every year and expect it to be good. Give it a break lads, you sold out. Assassins Creed benefited hugely from taking a year off.

Treyarch, Sledgehammer & Infinity Ward are on a yearly cycle so each studio gets a crack at the whip every 3 years. I get what you mean though.

Associate
This game seems to have died away on OCUK. Those playing the game how have you found it now it has matured a bit?

Just reinstalled this and will be trying again later after a few months away.

Really liked it for short mindless run and gun gaming spurts but it was just so unoptimised for the pc. Maybe things will change now the next cod is on battle.net...... not holding my breath though

Man of Honour
Finished. Really enjoyed it. Very much a Band of Brothers vibe. No more CoD games to play until they are back on sale, but it's been a fun run of titles. Onto something different next.

Back
Top Bottom