CODWWII

Associate
Hello All, I have just finished the campaign, some parts were excellantly done and others dismal so i am half and half to liking this game. As to multiplayer I never use it but dabbled a bit but did not last long due to extensive cheaters and hackers. I have purchased the Call of Duty from day one and this my friends will be my last unless there is big changes, this is not the worse but its nearly.

Associate
Hello All, I have just finished the campaign, some parts were excellantly done and others dismal so i am half and half to liking this game. As to multiplayer I never use it but dabbled a bit but did not last long due to extensive cheaters and hackers. I have purchased the Call of Duty from day one and this my friends will be my last unless there is big changes, this is not the worse but its nearly.

But they said they had all these anti cheat tools at their disposal?

Man of Honour
As to multiplayer I never use it but dabbled a bit but did not last long due to extensive cheaters and hackers.

COD is rife with cheating and hacking but if you've not played MP much (more a general thing no idea what your experience is) players with 1000s of hours of experience will seem like cheaters as well - when I played it regularly I used to get pretty decent scores and get called a hacker a lot despite not cheating.

Associate
So I’m running a gtx 970 and an i5 2500k clocked to 4.8ghz and I’m struggling at 1080p. Like 40fps on the whole on high settings. This isn’t good enough on the quake 3 engine. Not good enough at all.

Oh I forgot to mention it has crashed six times in 43 minutes.

Something wrong there, i have the same spec and pushing close to constant 144fps on 2560x1440 144hz monitor.

Soldato

I found at years campaign so bag I didn't preorder this year's release. Looks like I did the right thing.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
So I’m running a gtx 970 and an i5 2500k clocked to 4.8ghz and I’m struggling at 1080p. Like 40fps on the whole on high settings. This isn’t good enough on the quake 3 engine. Not good enough at all.

Oh I forgot to mention it has crashed six times in 43 minutes.

Turn off shader pre-loading and the sun shadows pre-loading. Should fix it.

Caporegime
Gave in and bought this as my lad wanted to give it a try, enjoying it (ish) thus far but struggled with the tank level, decided to use a game pad to give a bit more manoeuvrerability (which it did) but now can’t get keyboard & mouse to work again with the game pad unplugged!

Any ideas?

Soldato
He wanted it, not me.

You could've said no, and in the process taught him a valuable lesson about not buying into the hype for **** games pushed out by cynical money grabbers. Then he might have educated his friends, who educated their friends, who educated their friends etc., etc. Who knows, with that one simple word, 'no', you might've saved gaming for the coming generation of gamers. :D

Caporegime
You could've said no, and in the process taught him a valuable lesson about not buying into the hype for **** games pushed out by cynical money grabbers. Then he might have educated his friends, who educated their friends, who educated their friends etc., etc. Who knows, with that one simple word, 'no', you might've saved gaming for the coming generation of gamers. :D
I could have, but, his money, his choice. - Think he's learned to wait until its £20 before taking the plunge.

He actually enjoyed it, shame we completed the campaign (on normal) in an evening....

Good for a C.O.D. game but in both our views it was not worth the (full) price.

Soldato

What a disappointment. Also the train crash was comically long, it reminded me of the falling scene from Hot Rod:

CHebpst.gif

Back
Top Bottom