Colonic Irrigation....

Associate
A bit of reading suggests that colonic irrigation and enemas are the same thing - cleaning of the lower intestine by introducing water which causes the bowels to excrete their contents.

I don't see that this can be bad for you given that there are people that need to do this every day in order to get rid of their faeces - ie. anyone who has had an operation that means they no longer have the last part of their intestines (their rectum), and instead have to apply an enema via a stoma (hole in the abdominal wall direct to the intestines)...

As to whether it is better for you than getting rid of your poo the regular way i don't know?...

Caporegime
So if you have a poo, then go for a colonic, the water will stay clean?

No because you always have digested matter in the colon from eating, that's making it's way through the gastrointestinal tract.

I don't see that this can be bad for you given that there are people that need to do this every day in order to get rid of their faeces - ie. anyone who has had an operation that means they no longer have the last part of their intestines (their rectum), and instead have to apply an enema via a stoma (hole in the abdominal wall direct to the intestines)...

It has the possibility to disrupt the natural flora if done frequently enough, and contaminations have led to fatalities in the past I believe.

Last edited:
Soldato
No, they make idiots read.

I see it worked.

Some might say it's idiotic to think that typing in capital letters will make people agree with you. Are you so arrogant as to assume that if he posted something contradictory to your opinion that he mustn't of read your post prior to it?

I'm all for a healthy discussion on this, but it doesn't mean people have to resort to personal attacks and typing in nothing but capitals. After all it's only a discussion about having water piped up your arse.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Some might say it's idiotic to think that typing in capital letters will make people agree with you. Are you so arrogant as to assume that if he posted something contradictory to your opinion that he mustn't of read your post prior to it?
But it wasn't my opinion; it was a blindingly obvious fact that anyone considering with a slight degree of common sense would see!

If have a glass filled with mud, and pour water into it and pump it out, you'd have muddy water.

If you have a bowel full of poo, pour water into it and pump it out, you get poo-ey water.

Of course 'crap' is going to come out in the water, because your bowel is ALWAYS full of crap - it is what it was designed to do! Hold crap! So the argument people give about "seeing what comes out of it" as a reason for it "working" is fundamentally flawed. It is no indication that you are removing stuff that otherwise wouldn't be excreted naturally.

Soldato
Of course 'crap' is going to come out in the water, because your bowel is ALWAYS full of crap - it is what it was designed to do! Hold crap! So the argument people give about "seeing what comes out of it" as a reason for it "working" is fundamentally flawed. It is no indication that you are removing stuff that otherwise wouldn't be excreted naturally.

You're no better than the people you're calling idiots. Just like they can't use the "seeing what comes out of it" argument neither can you, as it doesn't prove anything either way. You can't unequivocally say it all would or wouldn't come out naturally unless you did far more investigation than any of us ever will.

Last edited:
Soldato
But it wasn't my opinion; it was a blindingly obvious fact that anyone considering with a slight degree of common sense would see!

If have a glass filled with mud, and pour water into it and pump it out, you'd have muddy water.

If you have a bowel full of poo, pour water into it and pump it out, you get poo-ey water.

you obviously missing the point.....ofc a colonic will show poo-ey water.

what I am trying to say is besides the poo-ey water, it also loosens the mucoid plaque (the compacted faecal matter that deposits like plaque in the colon over many years of western diets) must be a good thing to get rid of .....at least once every 10 years?

edit: the poo-ey water isn't the problem its the expeling of this plaque which is the point - apparently it can be kilograms worth in people.....maybe thats what forms a 'beer gut'?

if only we had alternative therapists in OCuk to advise

Last edited:
Soldato
But it doesn't because there is no such thing as mucoid plaque.

I was intrigued by all this and indeed the existence of mucoid plaque is not confirmed. I'd like to believe it does, and this is what gives me a round(er) belly. I would not want to have an irrigation but have had enemas as part of treatment for my Crohn's disease. I'd like to see scientific and medical proof that drinks/herbs etc clear the bowel before I consider drinking them to "empty" myself better.

Caporegime
Well I have no idea because I didn't see the program. :p But no one in the medical community has ever seen mucoid plaque and there is no scientific evidence for it whatsoever, the general consensus is that the concept is a complete fabrication.

Permabanned
if someone is in need, I can lend the old apparatus used in the home of my grandfather, about 50/60 years ago, for the irrigation of the colon.
the medicine used was 1 liter of warm water with salt and a spoonful or two of olive oil:D

I keep it as a reminder of the old days of the interior of Portugal, where they had almost no doctors and people practiced
the natural medicine:)
( my grandfather died with the age of 98,eheh)

Back
Top Bottom