Combined Folding/Bully Biffa Event!

Associate
I have one of these Asus M3A79-T mobos currently running a Phenom II based X2 5000 @2200Mhz.
However ive noticed via CPUiD's CPU-z that it is reporting the SB Chipset as AMD SB700 yet on the mobo spec's it is supposed to be SB750.

Any one no why this may be

Want to find out why this is as im currently negociating fo a Phenom II X6 1090T processor to drop into it for SMP goodness

i have already updated the bios to 1702 which is the latest ready for the processor.

Man of Honour
Im pretty sure all 3 of my AM3 mobos have shown as SB700 in CPU-Z however all of them have been capable of unlocking etc. The X6 should perform quite well going on the PPD of my rig providing you get a reasonably good clocker.

Associate
Im pretty sure all 3 of my AM3 mobos have shown as SB700 in CPU-Z however all of them have been capable of unlocking etc. The X6 should perform quite well going on the PPD of my rig providing you get a reasonably good clocker.

so do you think its an error with cpuid not reading the dmi properly
also ive noticed vis sisoft sandra that my 12v+ line seems to be running at 9.36 volts

Man of Honour
so do you think its an error with cpuid not reading the dmi properly
also ive noticed vis sisoft sandra that my 12v+ line seems to be running at 9.36 volts

I'd say so as its done it on 3 different boards with 3 different chips for me. I'd take software reported voltages with a pinch of salt as well, 9.36v wouldn't give you enough juice to boot let alone be stable.

Soldato
OP
Second post updated.

£132 so far for donations! :D

I think we might just own PS3 - I know I have 140K on its way by this time tomorrow.

Just a reminder for everyone - you should add the -oneunit flag to all your clients at some point tomorrow to avoid picking up extra WUs after the event is over. The final score will be taken on Wednesday 5th at 2100, so don't worry if you do end up with big WUs just before the end, they will still be counted.

Man of Honour
I don't think I'll bother with -oneunit till Tuesday on the SR2

BTW weebeastie is back.. but down a GTX470 :( Still good for 80K :D

Added it to Stomp_Monster this morning

Back
Top Bottom