Comfortable Jeans?

Soldato
Hey folks, something that I've always been a bit weird over is comfortable clothes, I much prefer jogger shorts / trousers and t shirts over wearing jeans / jumpers etc. Jumpers always feel "scratchy" and I get too hot with them on, and most jeans are just not comfortable at all.
Obviously you can't get away with dressing ultra casual on all occasions so was just wondering am I the only weirdo with these views? I hate the feeling of a belt tight around the waist when sitting down, I am not overweight either I just like loose fitting clothing.

Anyone else like that? What kinda jeans are comfy? The best way I can describe the uncomfortable jeans are "crispy!"

Soldato
OP
Chinos I would love to like but the ones I've tried / felt in the store are really really hard material, it's almost like I don't like the feeling of the material on me, when it's ultra soft it's fine , like pyjama bottoms :D
But finding that kind of material seems to be difficult! Fussy git eh!

Associate
Jeans made with a stretchy denim material are much more comfy than your traditional denim jean. They don't have to be skinny fit either, just avoid the cheap end of the market.

Associate
More expensive jeans always are more comfy. Cheap jeans end up feeling scratchy and stiff.

That said my River Island skinny jeans are the most comfy pair I own, they're not too tight but they feel good too.

Soldato
I've found the Gap stretch jeans to be quite comfy and cheap when they have 40% off.

Same here. I actually have some ordered, should arrive next week. I used to be averse to buying clothes online, but if you know your size/s it's fine. Not sure about the OP's comment 'crispy'. Sounds like he needs to use fabric softener.

Soldato
Uniqlo jeans are the most comfortable I've tried recently. The thermal stretchy ones are amazing.

I had this one pair from M&S in 2014 and they were the most comfortable jeans I've ever had. I wore them out completely, and when I went to buy a new pair they stopped doing them. Really sad. No other jeans came close.

Man of Honour
Also... Never tumble dry jeans or let them dry over a radiator. Always let them dry naturally either folded flat or hung to dry.

Soldato
Try somewhere like H&M or Matalan for chinos.

I'm the same though, rarely wear jeans when I'm out, usually chinos. Otherwise it's shorts or jogging bottoms in general ;)

Soldato
OP
All good comments here folks, gonna check those places out.

I bought a fairly comfy pair of jeans from sports direct ( I know I know ) "firetrap" branded but the fit is awful, they slide down without a belt and with a belt still look ridiculously baggy, size down is too small...

Associate
I bought a fairly comfy pair of jeans from sports direct ( I know I know ) "firetrap" branded but the fit is awful, they slide down without a belt and with a belt still look ridiculously baggy, size down is too small...

I think your problem is where you buy your jeans from! Try shopping around before you pass them off as uncomfortable. Falling off arse sports direct jeans are going to be nasty to wear, as will baggy ones in my opinion.

Skinny jeans are the way forward for me, they tend to be made of stretchier fabric, as they're closer to your legs they also don't crease and annoy your legs too. If you suit the style (and most people do), then they are the way forward. I'm not talking of course about painted on teenager-secretly-bought-in-the-womans-section skinny jeans though.

Failing that, as mentioned above, fabric softener and air drying whilst hung up.

Man of Honour
Also give them a chance denim takes time to break in a bit. First time I put my jeans on after washing they always feel a bit crap but once they've loosened up again they're spot on

Soldato
Given my medical problems I have to wear loose fitting clothing, and the single best pair of jeans I own, and I own a quite a few expensive brands, are ones I ordered on a whim from one of those catalogues that get pushed through your door that have a metric **** ton of cheap Chinese junk in there. Loose fit jeans for just over a tenner, so I wasn't expecting much. When they turned up in the post I was shocked, the denim seems to be better quality than some of the big brands I own, the stitching is also on par and the fit is amazing.

Only problem is, a certain other half binned the catalogue before I could order another couple of pairs and I can't find a decent pair of loose fit jeans anywhere now. Everywhere seems to stock those skinny abominations that seem to be designed for blokes with the bodies of a 12yr old girl suffering from polio. Even loose fit from big brands don't seem to be 'loose' these days.

Back
Top Bottom