Command & Conquer 4K remaster coming

Soldato
It was made clear from very early on it was literally a graphics upgrade and soundtrack remaster. This was then apparently a surprise to some of our forum members.
C&C Net it was possible to easily find and play multiplayer games. The multiplayer option in this is broken so it has not been remastered at all. It worked before, not it doesnt. Connecting to games failed 8 times in a row for me. I connected to one and a guy dropped out (connection lost or something) withing a couple of minutes

Associate
Anyone remember Sole Survivor? Only got it working a few times back in the day as 56k was just too poor for it.

Yes, a weird funny game :D
Not even sure if i ever played it as it was a stand alone release?

Are there physical copies of the remaster available in the UK?
I still have the original posters :D

Soldato
C&C Net it was possible to easily find and play multiplayer games. The multiplayer option in this is broken so it has not been remastered at all. It worked before, not it doesnt. Connecting to games failed 8 times in a row for me. I connected to one and a guy dropped out (connection lost or something) withing a couple of minutes

Correct, it's not a remaster. However, it does state they have made changes to mp, just because it has issues doesn't mean they haven't done anything and hopefully they fix it as they went pretty indepth to the 'improvements' they made for the multiplayer.

Soldato
Correct, it's not a remaster. However, it does state they have made changes to mp, just because it has issues doesn't mean they haven't done anything and hopefully they fix it.
It’s not a remaster? Why has it been called one if it’s not?
They improved the graphics and made sounds worse IMO.
Hopefully they do yes, I have been refunded now but will buy it again if they fix the multiplayer lobby (make it work) I did love the installation video though. Brought back some memories :)

Soldato
It’s not a remaster? Why has it been called one if it’s not?
They improved the graphics and made sounds worse IMO.
Hopefully they do yes, I have been refunded now but will buy it again if they fix the multiplayer lobby (make it work) I did love the installation video though. Brought back some memories :)

Sorry, I got the remaster/remake words mixed up. I prefer some of the new tracks but I generally listen to the original ones. End of the day if mp is broken then people should rightly get a refund.

Soldato
Sorry, I got the remaster/remake words mixed up. I prefer some of the new tracks but I generally listen to the original ones. End of the day if mp is broken then people should rightly get a refund.
:) ...I had to check if it was called 'remaster' or 'remake' when you said

The sounds effects were what I referred too. They sounds newer but not as realistic as the original sounds

Soldato
on gdi mission 13 now but time for bed, finally can actually build missile launchers for infantry crowd control.
gdi mission 11, was a tough start, was given 6 grenadiers to get by 3 turrets and a light tank, the light tank was attacking my base whilst I was deploying the first buildings, then I was been harassed by new forces for a while with just a few infantry units for defense, i eventually won out though.

Also wall trick still works.

I started messing with game speeds on mission 12 out of curiosity as been playing on I think the second notch up so far, but it did start to feel a bit slow, when I put on fast it was like fast forward, normal or slow I think is the equivalent to the old fast speed which is what I used to play on 20 years ago., so they have sped this game up like starcraft 2 got speeded up. I blitzed through mission 12 on normal though so way faster than I did the other missions.

Soldato
Does it support ultrawide resolutions?
Yes. However it’s so zoomed in it feels like the fov in on 20-30.
Again, maybe im just used to playing openra in 3440x1440 and using a more zoomed out view.
Having a far view would make the missions easier afterall. E.g zooming out to max so you can see the whole map, meaning no constant map scrolling

Soldato
Yes. However it’s so zoomed in it feels like the fov in on 20-30.
Again, maybe im just used to playing openra in 3440x1440 and using a more zoomed out view.
Having a far view would make the missions easier afterall. E.g zooming out to max so you can see the whole map, meaning no constant map scrolling

If you could zoom out much further it almost defeats the purpose of the radar, , so I can understand why, the radar is supposed to be your means of seeing whats going on over a wide area.

Soldato
Not for me, I use the radar a lot, so I take the radar activation quite seriously, it enhances my tactical awareness significantly.

Also you can use the radar before t2 units are even available on early missions, why is it there if it only just to unlock t2 units?

Soldato
Not for me, I use the radar a lot, so I take the radar activation quite seriously, it enhances my tactical awareness significantly.

Also you can use the radar before t2 units are even available on early missions, why is it there if it only just to unlock t2 units?
I mean in multiplayer when playing OpenRA. Hotkeys can be used to navigate around the map quickly, does the remake allow hotkey use? I didnt actually check

Back
Top Bottom