Command & Conquer 4K remaster coming

Associate
This is very easy to play. The AI is terribly dumb. Ive just taken on 2 hard AIs at the same time and won.
I could be wrong, I don't think skirmish hard is the same as campaign hard.
It just feels weighed 70/30 against you in campaign. It just doesn't play well early on as you don't have the full tech tree and you can't counter what they throw at you.
I'm on a mission now where they keep spamming me with tanks and I can't build them, whilst it's break even resource wise to fight them off, I can't build a force to hit the base and the tiberium runs out. Other than try cheese with apc and engineers I'm stuck again.

Soldato
I'm going to drop the difficulty to normal or I wont get much enjoyment out of this I think on TD, I just hada single mini gunner kite my tank and kill it lol.

Youngblood and I seem to have exact same issues.

Associate
I'm going to drop the difficulty to normal or I wont get much enjoyment out of this I think on TD, I just hada single mini gunner kite my tank and kill it lol.

I'm 8/81 on a hard missions run through as I wanted the Steam achievement, playing as GDI first.
I think they will push some balance adjustments, surely anyone who tested this would have raised an eyebrow, I swear sometimes it's just not mathematically possible to win.
Whats the saying? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, yep that's me tonight!

Soldato
I'm 8/81 on a hard missions run through as I wanted the Steam achievement, playing as GDI first.
I think they will push some balance adjustments, surely anyone who tested this would have raised an eyebrow, I swear sometimes it's just not mathematically possible to win.
Whats the saying? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, yep that's me tonight!

I dont recall the original being this hard, did it even have a difficulty setting? Enemy tanks can squish my men with pin point accuracy and infantry can dodge my tanks for days, like they turn into Neo.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I might get a refund.... I would have expected more than just two games with DLC for 18 quid. Plus the AI is terrible. All you need to do is work out the "track" they are taking and stick a few turrets in it and they just feed themselves to it.

Soldato
I think I might get a refund.... I would have expected more than just two games with DLC for 18 quid. Plus the AI is terrible. All you need to do is work out the "track" they are taking and stick a few turrets in it and they just feed themselves to it.

Out of all the valid complaints about this I dont see how the price is one of them tbh. What were you expecting? It was pretty clear from the product page what it was.

Edit: That sounds a bit narky but isn't supposed to be, I'm genuinelly intrigued what you thought you were getting.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Yeah the ai is a bit repetitive to say the least. It kept sending a single helicopter to my base and it took the same route every time and hovered inbetween 2 aa cannons that shredded it.

Ai in general seems to be as dumb as it always was, you can have a group of tanks sitting there with enemy infantry hammering them with rockets and they just sit and take it until you tell them to attack

Pathfinding for units is terrible as always, they seem to love to hug along the edges of parts of the map and take forever to get where they're going, so you basically have to manually keep clicking on areas along the way to get them to go a more sensible route.

It's a nice nostalgia trip but you would think they would have made the ai and pathfinding a bit less dumb instead of keeping it exactly as it was. It's the same as it was originally basically and doesn't seem to have been adjusted in any way.

Soldato
Yeah the ai is a bit repetitive to say the least. It kept sending a single helicopter to my base and it took the same route every time and hovered inbetween 2 aa cannons that shredded it.

Ai in general seems to be as dumb as it always was, you can have a group of tanks sitting there with enemy infantry hammering them with rockets and they just sit and take it until you tell them to attack

Pathfinding for units is terrible as always, they seem to love to hug along the edges of parts of the map and take forever to get where they're going, so you basically have to manually keep clicking on areas along the way to get them to go a more sensible route.

It's a nice nostalgia trip but you would think they would have made the ai and pathfinding a bit less dumb instead of keeping it exactly as it was. It's the same as it was originally basically and doesn't seem to have been adjusted in any way.
Agreed. All they have done is upgrade the graphics

Man of Honour
Read somewhere they kept the path finding and things the same else its breaks the campaign missions. It would be good if they could tweak it for skirmish/sandbox matches though.

Currently on the Mobius mission, forgot how annoying it is :D Trying to keep the peds in place and not dying from going near the tib

Last edited:
Soldato
Read somewhere they kept the path finding and things the same else its breaks the campaign missions. It would be good if they could tweak it for skirmish/sandbox matches though.

Currently on the Mobius mission, forgot how annoying it is :D

EA producer Jim Vessella told us that Petroglyph won't be making updates to things like C&C's less-than-smart AI pathfinding from the original. Apparently they made some attempts but found that the campaign missions were so tightly designed that even small balance changes had large downstream effects. The remaster will be as close to the original as possible, quirks and all.

It was made clear from very early on it was literally a graphics upgrade and soundtrack remaster. This was then apparently a surprise to some of our forum members.

Man of Honour
Yep completely agree. I think some thought it would be a complete remake. I enjoy using sandbags to block stuff and placing 1 soldier to stop the AI rebuilding on the same spot that I've just blown up :D

Caporegime

That's what i thought it would be change for, skirmish mode as it wasn't a mode that was in the original game.

Caporegime
It was made clear from very early on it was literally a graphics upgrade and soundtrack remaster. This was then apparently a surprise to some of our forum members.

You're basing that on the assumption people kept up to date with news on the game, many won't have.

Back
Top Bottom