Commodore Amiga owners thread!

Man of Honour
That's cool Duke, I love my 1200, have a CF card with WHLoad on there too. I have it set up permanently with a 1084S in my office. Hope you do a thread too, mine needs a retrobright and I would love to see how yours turns out.

Associate
I just took my my Amiga 1200 apart and checked the caps for signs of leaking, all looks good, I have the later Escom MAgic pack version, anyway the last time I used it, was 2007, so I was surprised it worked, the hard drive still works, and has a number of my old favourite games in whdload, like Wings, Whizzkid, Swiv, Rodland, Pang, and many others, but I can't load one game lol, they all worked when I still had my 6830 card in it with 8mb of ram, now nothing works. I have no fast ram so I thinking of getting a ide to sata adapter and copying my games off my hard drive to the pc and running amiga forever or a raspberry pi 3.

Soldato
85c5a8060b330277e717604b9b380ad9.jpg

1c90313ca96a243d96983d463f05ff00.png

bf2ac2fbbd24108ab8231e1a184515f8.png

My baby early rev 5 board with Space invader keyboard.

No retorbright needed.

I have owned many Amiga's in the past and has taken many years to find this beauty.

Soldato
I got the stuck key fixed on mine with a replacement plunger, I also fitted a new membrane. We are ready to go! Just need to work out how to get WHDLoad and some games on!! :D

Soldato
The best way I've found is to install ClassicWB on Windows and then, once everything is setup, use a USB hard-drive caddy and copy it across. You may have to install a bootblock but that's about it.

ClassicWB is fantastic.

M.

Soldato
The best way I've found is to install ClassicWB on Windows and then, once everything is setup, use a USB hard-drive caddy and copy it across. You may have to install a bootblock but that's about it.

ClassicWB is fantastic.

M.

Do you have a HowTo guide or some steps for this, I'm guessing your using an emulator.

Soldato
Unfortunately I think emulator talk is not allowed here.

If you have a look on English Amiga Board forums there's more guides on that.

M.

Man of Honour

ClassicWB is fantastic.
I got it running on Windows fine, was using an older Kickstart by mistake. Just got to work out how to get the CF card working so I can copy it onto it and then move it over to the Amiga (have USB CF card reader and IDE CF card adapter). I think Nostagia Nerd did a video of it so will dig it out.

Soldato
I got it running on Windows fine, was using an older Kickstart by mistake. Just got to work out how to get the CF card working so I can copy it onto it and then move it over to the Amiga (have USB CF card reader and IDE CF card adapter). I think Nostagia Nerd did a video of it so will dig it out.

Yeah just use Directory Opus and select all and copy. It's really easy - if you're use CF it's sometimes easier to do the work on your PC as it will be quicker and then just physically move the CF card.

M.

Soldato
One of my mates has an unopened brand new A500 Cartoon classics pack that he has had from new. I have tried many times to get him to open it up and have a go but he won’t budge....

My first Amiga was the A500 and anything Bitmap Brothers was my favourite as well as the SCUM games like Monkey island...

Back
Top Bottom