Commodore Amiga owners thread!

Soldato
amiga_catalogue_front_page_big.jpg

This was the bundle though I don't remember Photon Paint being included. Much cheaper than I remember it being. Maybe the £265 extras skewed my memory

Associate
Ex Amiga 500+ owner here after upgrading from my Commodore c64 :D

Shadow of the Beast and Turrican sound track(s) were awesome!

Hours and hours of fun!

Best part of my life back then, I do miss it sometimes...

Associate
Had an Amiga back in the 90s with CM8833 monitor - was amazing! Sold it all for peanuts but recently started a new collection up.

Looks great on a CRT and the games play just as well as they used to!

My faves would be Xenon 2, Kick Off 2, Rainbow Islands, It Came From the Desert...

Man of Honour
I nearly forgot about Lemmings. RIP little ones :D

Zool and Superfrog were late ones that I quite enjoyed too.

Speedball

Oh and Syndicate!

So many memories. What a leap it was to then get a PC and play Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 for the first time on a '3D card' :eek:

Soldato
Did anyone ever link up multiplay with their Amiga? I never did personally but I do remember seeing two Amiga's hooked up via serial (I think null modem?) playing Lotus II, my parents weren't keen on purchasing another Amiga though, hardly surprising :D

It was actually possible to hook up with an Atari ST too. Pretty crazy to think we barely have cross platform play nowadays yet it was possible back in the early 90's. I believe it was possible to play battle chess with an Atari ST or an IBM PC too :)

Man of Honour
Did anyone ever link up multiplay with their Amiga? I never did personally but I do remember seeing two Amiga's hooked up via serial (I think null modem?) playing Lotus II, my parents weren't keen on purchasing another Amiga though, hardly surprising :D

It was actually possible to hook up with an Atari ST too. Pretty crazy to think we barely have cross platform play nowadays yet it was possible back in the early 90's. I believe it was possible to play battle chess with an Atari ST or an IBM PC too :)

Only with two joysticks on the same screen. Those Lotus games were brilliant fun. That music!

Rick Dangerous was another favourite of mine and F/A-18 Interceptor (flying under bridges and landing on the carrier!). Paradroid was neat too, although I was pretty rubbish at it.

Associate

I used to take my A1200 round a friend's and we would link them via a parallel cable to play games - Skidmarks being one - as well as a primitive form of P2P networking called ParNET.

Man of Honour

Yes I would regularly play populous II with a mate over a serial cable.

Back
Top Bottom