Associate
It might be because they use a different postcode file to CF.

On their own website, CF identify our flat (we share a street number).

Uswitch only allocate to the street number.

Associate
Installed and after a false start where the cable was severed just outside my front wall (by an animal, the engineer assumed) we have a connection. The voucher takes 90 days to come through and I’ll kick up a stink if it doesn’t do so automatically.

Connection tests very well. Hub WiFi strength and distance feels a bit weaker than the Virgin Hub that’s also currently running in my home but I haven’t properly tested them one at a time from same location.

Soldato
How can I check if I have CGNAT? I'm pretty sure I don't even though I'm on the 1gbps service.

Check ipv4 address here https://whatismyipaddress.com/.

Then tracert the ip, if it's 1 hop then it's not cgnat.

You can also check the wan ip in the router, it should match the address whatismyip shows, if it doesn't, then it's cgnat. Don't know what router you have, but my cf linksys router the wan ipv4 is under troubleshooting then the diagnostics tab.

Last edited:
Associate
How can I check if I have CGNAT? I'm pretty sure I don't even though I'm on the 1gbps service.
@Armadillo has the right approach. But there's two things to also remember whilst checking however:

1. More recently obtained 1gb connections are going to be CGNAT, only the connections started quite a few months ago (I forget the exact time frame, but at least 9 months ago lets say) remain (for now) non CGNAT. All 1gb connections since then have been CGNAT.

2. If you have auto connections for your IPv4 and IPv6 on the router, your IPv4 will be CGNAT style. But your contract and connection is still non-CGNAT apparently. You need to disabled IPv6 so that the modem and router calls up the IPv4 connection that is direct and not behind CGNAT.

Back
Top Bottom