Community Fibre

How did this go? My contract is up now and it'll be handy to know what to expect when I call them up. Currently I'm not on their Cgnat system and I'd like to stay that way

Haven't done it yet, stuff got in the way last week :(. Plan is to call on Thursday, so I'll update the thread with results then.

Even though their website says my address is covered, I emailed them and they said they are not covering it any more. What a shame :(

Mine will be up soon as well in a month or twos time. But interestingly, my connection was strangely using CGNAT since they did some fixing of a line issue about a year ago. Wonder if that had messed around with it. In any event, will be calling in my case to query on why that's happened as well as asking about prices for a contract continuation. Overall, a new contract shouldn't impact on anything, but will be good to know if mine remains at the £25+2 (£27 out of contract) or what it's ended up as.

I'm assuming you had a 2 year contract at 1gb by the price? I was stuck on cgnat for a bit but a quick chat and they removed me from it without any problems.

Ive just done a Web chat with their technical support and they've said if I renew I'll keep my public ipv4 so it's looking good.

So update time.

Phoned them, got moved to the current 1Gb/1Gb deal for £26. Was paying £35 for 500/500. That was made up of £30 for the 500/500 as 1Gb wasn't on offer when we originally got it + price rises over two years + £4 out of contract. Not exactly the same as the website package as no new router, they said they only send if something is wrong with current. Current one is fine, so I don't care.

CGNAT, took a while because of waiting and the tech person had to keep putting me on hold to go to someone above them, but short version they said the account is flagged to not use CGNAT and I can keep it like that, I don't have to move to cgnat with the upgrade.

Apparently it will take 3-5 days to make the change. I guess it will just go down then pop back up at 1Gb.

Other than that, I'm not the account holder, but CF was fine to let me speak once the account holder had given all the details and said about passing over to me. I know some companies can be funny about that, so just thought I'd add it.

Last edited:
So just a little update, already switched over to 1Gb/1Gb, I didn't notice it go down (and neither did anyone else). I'm not sure if it actually does or it's just quick, but there's no significant downtime if you change speed/package. 3-5 days I guess sales is just being cautious incase it takes longer.

CF were good to their word, still have my dedicated ip, so no cgnat. I know I said they said I can keep it, but what companies say and what actually happens are often different things :p

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
My TP Link AX20 died today after four plus years, normally I get a lot more out of a router, my older TP Link VR900 is still working, anyway I decided to connect their supplied new Linksys AX5400 router to their modem and it was not working with no internet connection on router end ,modem part was fine( ethernet wired), so I phoned tech support and she helped me get it sorted, I had to do a long hard reset (20 seconds) on the AX5400 router, after trying unplugging and removing all cables etc.... Anyway all working fine now, it's virtually plug and go unless you want to change login password or wifi password etc, the speed is about the same (maybe 1 or 2Mb higher with AX5400). I do hate the interface however seems very basic. I updated the firmware as well. I'll probably upgrade near Christmas to a TP Link BE9300 that has wifi 7.

Tech support was pretty quick and I did not wait long, free 0800 number and the issue sorted pretty quickly, if that had been Virgin Media I would still be waiting on the phone lol...
Btw I have the 1GB package.

:) .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom