Confused isn't the word!

Associate
OP
Use the 4 Grey slots for the Ram to enable Quad channel. Well done on your first build :)

Hi there i just done what you said with the ram and windows is being laggy and has frozen a couple of times and is making me run a diagnostics or reboot any idea?

EDIT

It just keeps crashing now when trying to load into windows 10

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi I don't suppose you could help me at all? i downloaded corsair link and installed etc and when it loaded everything looked good apart from one thing was weird. It said that one of the Motherboards temperature monitor was at -55C any clue what that could mean?

thank you in advance.

Run a comparison with another piece of software for temps as well to check to see whether Corsair link is glitched, or if its just picking up on a sensor that doesn't actually exist. For example, on my old board one of the temperature monitors was picking up a temp of 120 degrees for one specific sensor when in fact, it didn't even exist on the motherboard.

I use hwinfo64, give it a shot and see if you can find the same result.

Here you guy's there is three images below that show the fully built PC, I'm happy with the results and for the first every PC I have made it makes over the moon to have it up and running and working a treat! The images aren't that great but I still feel you get a good view of it.

To everyone that lead me to finally making the move and "growing a set" to build a gaming PC that I've been wanting to do for nearly 6 years now! THANK YOU! I hope to be able to game with you and keep in touch through the forums!

My Steam: AlexParkinson333
Origin: Parkinson1LG

fdzf9t.jpg
27zw83q.jpg
wgw5fm.jpg

Well done!! :)

Soldato
Hi there i just done what you said with the ram and windows is being laggy and has frozen a couple of times and is making me run a diagnostics or reboot any idea?

EDIT

It just keeps crashing now when trying to load into windows 10

Is it showing correct RAM amounts in the bios along with the channels they are in?

Associate
OP
Is it showing correct RAM amounts in the bios along with the channels they are in?

Yeah forst thing i checked was bios and showed full amount of 16gb and the channels as well. No problem in there. Just windows did not like it and kept crashing. I closed and shut down the pc and changed bacl to how it was and started it again. Windows wanted a reboot forst time round and then took a little while to get to desktop but then it was fine. I restarted again to check load times and it was bacl to normal. Boots up and loaded in about 5 seconds.

Windows issue?

Soldato
Yeah forst thing i checked was bios and showed full amount of 16gb and the channels as well. No problem in there. Just windows did not like it and kept crashing. I closed and shut down the pc and changed bacl to how it was and started it again. Windows wanted a reboot forst time round and then took a little while to get to desktop but then it was fine. I restarted again to check load times and it was bacl to normal. Boots up and loaded in about 5 seconds.

Windows issue?

Weird. Could maybe be because of the change in RAM configuration.

Unless the bios changed RAM speeds or something when the slots were changed and it was halting the boot. Happened to me when I borked an overclock, it downclocked my RAM which meant windows wouldn't boot and would freeze.

Is the current setup showing correct RAM amounts and speed?

Soldato
Tbh I'm not sure if having it like this will have any detrimental effects.

Considering its being picked up correctly and booting fine I would say its completely fine as x99 only notices quad channel ddr4.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can advise but imo, its fine.

Associate
OP
Tbh I'm not sure if having it like this will have any detrimental effects.

Considering its being picked up correctly and booting fine I would say its completely fine as x99 only notices quad channel ddr4.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can advise but imo, its fine.

Yeah i just find it strange as to why its just Win 10 not loading up and keeps freezing. All slots were seated properly and showing up in the BIOS just Windows kept on crashing.

The RAM is Kingston HyperX Fury and comes loaded with an XMP profile which says its disabled but has one profile I can load. Does it make any difference? All this is new to me and the old brain is starting to hurt woth information overload :confused:

Associate
OP
You have 2400 ram, the board will only run it at 2133 without xmp, try it you wont blow it up...much :p

Just enabled it and booted. No problems as of yet. All this is making my head hurt.

Just wanted to have it on quad channel as was said earlier on if its all placed in the grey slots which i did and then windows would just crash and obviously became unstable or one way or another.

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom