Congrulations to man u

Soldato
you say things will go downhill when fergie leaves but when mourinho comes in.......
Nooooo not him, he is too negative :(
Mourinho isn't fit to wash Ferguson's balls.
agreed :)

What a weird ass season. Kinda feel ripped off in a way. Hope next season is better.

Arsenal vs Spurs 3 - 3 was by far the best game of the season.

Anyway, I think this united team may be one of the best. When have we had a better defence? A more versatile midfield and attacking options? The fact we could have Berba, Nani and Scholes on the bench against Chelsea on sunday says a lot.

I think we just lacked the killer edge this season. Watch Chico racked up 25+ league goals next season, he will be on the most wanted list come transfer window 2012. Hope he stays put.

I just wish we have a fit Park/Valancia for the entire season. Park has to be the most under rated footballer in the league ever.

100% agreed :)
who needs Ronaldo and Tevez ;):p

Caporegime
Amazing home form all season. Expected more from the chasing pack.

Not the best first 11, nor squad United have ever had though and they've not really played that well all season imho.

Soldato
Yeah played Utd, deserved PL champions for their home form and they had the winning mentality when it counted - Fergie's experience showed as did his old guard dragging them over the line - someone needs to check Giggs' birth certificate, pretty sure it's unpossible for him to be 37 :p

Associate
Just wait until next season when we've added Sneijder and Ashley Young with a further improved Hernandez, a further improved Nani and Rooney and Valencia on top form from the start. :p

Soldato
I don't know, I think Rooney's had it now. I doubt he'll ever reach his season before last's form again. He'll be a useful asset but his glory days are long over.

Soldato
I don't know, I think Rooney's had it now. I doubt he'll ever reach his season before last's form again. He'll be a useful asset but his glory days are long over.

:confused:

Season before last? You mean last season? And the difference between him then and now is then he was the sole striker staying in the box hence the goal return, what he is now is playing the no 10 role everyone foresaw him playing when he first burst onto the scene and most people that watch him week in week out will tell you he's playing as well as he ever has.

I'd easily take a reduced goal return from him if he carries on his current form and his partnership with Hernandez.

Haters gonna hate though

Soldato
I don't hate him, no need to be so defensive.
I think it's perfectly reasonable to think his performance has declined. He's lost that killer edge.

Associate

I'll have to disagree, It was the World Cup when his form completely went and he's only recently started to get it back, I think with a full off season rest he'll be back to his best next season, also he doesn't have to carry the goal-scoring burden of last season with Berbatov and Hernandez providing the goals.

Associate
I don't hate him, no need to be so defensive.
I think it's perfectly reasonable to think his performance has declined. He's lost that killer edge.
I'm with the others here, I would interpret the lessened goal return more as a result of tactical change rather than his performance. Watching him week-in, week-out I would say he is playing as well as he ever has done even if his position means he won't catch the headlines like he used to.

Soldato
2010 was horrible for Rooney. Injury, world cup, all the media attention, the whole leaving utd thing. He is one of the most talked about footballers in the europe. Thats a lot of **** to deal with. I think he's done good this season.

Soldato
From a neutral standpoint I can see Rooney is playing fantastic at the moment, it's not just his goals of course, granted that has improved lately but all the other excellent things he is doing on and off the ball in this slightly new style, in that sense I would say he is playing better than last season.

Well done to Man U , I am pleased to see them win it rather than Chelsea.

Caporegime
i think chicarito has been the difference this season, best signing i have seen in a while, would love to see this line up in a match to see how effective it would be:

Chicarito -- Berbatov

-------Rooney -------

Nani/Giggs ---------- Valencia/Nani

------ Fletcher/Anderson--------

Soldato
It's not often that I agree with Hansen, but when he said any of the top 4 would have won the title had Ferguson been managing them, he was completely right.

Don't know how he does it, but he's a brilliant manager.

Soldato
Whilst it lacks the flare and spark of some previous teams, I really don't think this is a bad squad at all, in some ways, I actually think its one of the best.

The home form and European form shows this is a very good squad capable of anything.

Back
Top Bottom